Rumiano Cheese Company
- Willows, CA
On-site in Willows, CA
Rumiano Cheese Company (https://rumianocheese.com) is California's oldest (founded in 1919) family-owned cheese company, dedicated to the manufacture, packaging and distribution of the highest quality cheese, butter and value-added products. Products are sold across the US, Mexico, and Asia. Rumiano’s focus is providing customers with the utmost service and quality achieved by exceeding expectations in all ways. Rumiano Cheese Company’s long-lasting success is due to a highly talented team, which has included four generations of the Rumiano family.
We are looking for an experienced Operations Planner, responsible for both long-term master planning to meet demand and day-to-day production scheduling, working alongside other teams (e.g., purchasers, milk buyers, packaging teams and sales) to ensure the necessary ingredients & packaging are available at the required times. Candidates must show experience to set them up for success in our complex, dynamic planning environment with thousands of frequently changing items, fluctuating supply, multiple manufacturing & packaging sites, and a high volume of orders. The ideal candidate will have the ability to quickly climb the learning curve and contribute right away. They will have a game-changer mentality with a quantitative problem-solving approach and proven collaborative skills. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
Activities and Responsibilities:
- Perform the MPS/MRP Function, maintaining correct Master Plan and Materials Resource Requirements for the organization and running the regular S&OP meeting
- Work with the Production Scheduler to ensure that weekly production is set to meet demand requirements and that production variances are accounted for
- Provide reporting and analysis on a recurring and ad hoc basis for management decision making, executive planning, and board review, including production, outlook, historic data and trends, variances, etc. Maintain KPIs for various metrics throughout the company
- Work with cross functional teams to understand and model customer demand and timeline requirements, incorporating statistical modeling, trends, and internal team wisdom
- Manage complex packaging operations. Assisting in purchasing recommendations and negotiating contracts of packaging components and other necessary materials to the production process
- Participate in continuous improvement activities, particularly with respect to planning, purchasing, scheduling and inventory placement and control
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Supply Chain, Business, Economics, or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in Operational Planning or related work experience
- Understanding of Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) processes and practices
- Experience with planning tools such as Workday Adaptive or similar applications
- Strong Microsoft Office expertise, with advanced knowledge of Excel and data query skills
- Enterprise level ERP system experience (e.g., SAP, Oracle); familiarity with MS Dynamics NAV a plus
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks; detail orientated; strong analytical and follow-up skills
- Work primarily on-site, with remote work as needed and quarterly travel to Crescent City, CA
Rumiano Cheese seeks diversity among our staff and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.