- Irvine, CA
PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary “spidering” technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 500 brands around the globe.
We promote a high-energy, collaborative work environment with open doors and free meals and snacks. We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary and stellar benefits. Our company growth has created a promising environment for career advancement and rewarding challenges. It is the ideal time to join the PriceSpider team due to our strong established product line and emerging new innovations perfectly positioned with the digital awakening of the broader online market.
At PriceSpider we create sophisticated services and data analytics solutions. These services feed our industry leading applications which provide product analysis for some of the largest brands in the retail industry.The Technical Operations team is responsible for creating and maintaining all scripts that aquire seller data, as well as monitoring the core platform to ensure that all acquired data is stored and used appropriately. The PriceSpider Automation Specialist is responsible for creating and maintaining a library of scripts that acquire and parse data from seller websites. Additionally, you will be able to participate in creating the next generation of tools that will continue to keep PriceSpider on the cutting edge of technology and data.
- Troubleshoot various client and seller issues to ensure program(s) work seamlessly through implementations, updates and patches
- Utilize familiarity with software to make content improvements
- Maintain library of scripts and update scripts as seller websites change
- Leverage internal tools and databases to help test and monitor crawling scripts
- Write computer code
- Designing and/or writing the various elements of the crawler execution code to accommodate the interest of the various stakeholders
- Provide input on various technical matters related to the technical operations of PriceSpider software
- Provide operational support and implementation activities for product/crawler administration
- Interface with operations product support group on production programs and product issues.
- Monitor product performance
- Perform work to a standard of quality across all areas assigned
- Participate in code review and quality assurance processes
- Interface with product management and engineering team
- drive best practices and future generation tools
- Advise systems engineers and update management on concepts and techniques that work
- Conceptualizes, designs, constructs, tests, and implements portions of business and technical solutions through application of appropriate software development assistance
- Research and troubleshoot complex issues associated with crawling and storage of data retrieved from seller websites
- Understands and uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify and resolve business and/or technical problems
- Databases: MS SQL Server (Mongo, PostgreSQL also preferred)
- Software: Visual Studio .NET 2003/2005/2008/2010/2012/2015, Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010/2016, Visio 2007, Lucid Charts, Moqups, Enterprise Architect, VMWare, SQL Server Management Studio
- Environments: Windows, Windows CE, Linux (Ubuntu 14.04), Android
- Quality Control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Communication Skills - ability to write, speak, and present information effectively and persuasively across communication settings.
- Teamwork – works collaboratively together with others to achieve group goals and objectives.
- Problem Solving – efficiently and creatively solves problems, involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate analyses, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges.
Required Education and Experience:
- In depth knowledge of websites and UI navigation, including HTML/CSS
- Experience with open source tools and resources
- Experience working in a Linux environment is a plus
- Experience with SQL is a plus
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience; technical certifications
- Knowledge of regular expressions
This position is based in Irvine and we are looking for local candidates who are comfortable working in the office in a highly collaborative environment.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.
Monday, January 7, 2019