Cost & Pricing Analyst
Rumiano Cheese Company
- Willows, CA
Cost & Pricing Analyst
On-site in Willows, CA
Rumiano Cheese Company (https://rumianocheese.com) is California's oldest (founded in 1919) family-owned cheese company, dedicated to the manufacture, packaging and distribution of the highest quality cheese, butter and value-added products. Products are sold across the US, Mexico, and Asia. Rumiano’s focus is providing customers with the utmost service and quality achieved by exceeding expectations in all ways. Rumiano Cheese Company’s long-lasting success is due to a highly talented team, which has included four generations of the Rumiano family.
We are looking for an experienced, forward-looking Cost & Pricing Analyst to work on-site at our Willows, CA location. This position will perform cost accounting and analysis for the Rumiano facilities, including the development of processes & controls, in addition to providing analysis and reporting of true cost and profitability of business activities. The role will support the monthly closing process, support the annual budgeting process and development/verification of product standards/formulas, pricing, deal negotiation, customer/product line planning. We are a fast-paced business in need of a dynamic team member. This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Activities and Responsibilities:
- Provide analysis for cost and pricing measures & indicators such as plant profitability, customer profitability, variance to forecast, etc.
- Overall performance reporting for executive and board stakeholders, as well as day -to-day management reporting to support operational decision making
- Maintain, validate and/or reconcile data to support cost & pricing accounting and analysis (e.g., master data, costing data, BOMs and routings, standard costs, labor rates, overhead, etc.)
- Work with stakeholders to develop, document & communicate new standards, procedures, cost models & evaluation methods
- Provide and load costing inputs for the annual budgeting process and interim forecasts as required
- Work primarily on-site (with some flexibility to work remotely) with occasional travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 3-5 years of related work experience in cost accounting, financial and operational analysis
- Experience with pricing in a process manufacturing environment, specifically in food or brewing
- Ability to perform cost & GL accounting calculations, applying concepts of accounting & statistics
- Strong Excel skills; MS Power BI experience a plus; analysis of large operational and sales data sets
- Experience in an enterprise class ERP and planning environment
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, and practical problem-solving skills, including dealing with a variety of concrete variables where limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of governmental laws and technical information in multiple forms
Rumiano Cheese seeks diversity among our staff and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.