Rumiano Cheese Company
- Crescent City, CA
Crescent City, CA
Rumiano Cheese Company (https://rumianocheese.com) is California's oldest (founded in 1919) family-owned cheese company, dedicated to the manufacture, packaging and distribution of the highest quality cheese, butter, and value-added products. Rumiano’s focus is providing customers with the utmost service and quality achieved by exceeding expectations in all ways. Rumiano Cheese Company’s long-lasting success is due to a highly talented team, which has included four generations of the Rumiano family. Rumiano Cheese is an innovative, growing company whose legacy is built on family, commitment, and trust. Rumiano and its farms are dedicated to safety and sustainability, and the highest quality products for the customers and families who enjoy it.
We are looking for a talented and dynamic Plant Manager to lead all aspects of our Crescent City manufacturing plant operations, meeting or exceeding financial, operational, productivity and quality goals, ensuring continuous improvement, and building/maintaining a ‘’great place to work” culture by engaging all employees. The Plant Manager will plan, organize and run optimum day-to-day operations while exceeding our customer and partner expectations and supporting all strategic efforts and initiatives. Reports to CEO.
Key Responsibilities & Activities:
- Manage daily operations/GM of all major plant functions, including manufacturing productivity & efficiencies, maintenance, sanitation and technical support, regulatory compliance, food safety & quality, warehousing & distribution, employee relations & culture, and health & safety.
- Clarity of roles, responsibilities, goals, authority and decision making across the organization
- Direct, schedule, manage and coach supervisors and support staff
- Expense management and control, including shrink, labor and overhead costs
- Workforce development at all levels: recruit, hire and develop a talented staff, ensuring effective HR and creating/maintaining a "great place to work" culture of open communication and teamwork
- Prioritize and drive projects to completion from across the business unit
- Define and track KPI’s and metrics, both operational improvements and team incentives
- Elevate IT and finance as a competitive advantage, including automation and business intelligence
- Help define and implement new effective processes; manage compliance of process changes
- Assist in the preparation of annual operating budgets and capital expenditures for plant operations
- Promote a culture of safety and ensure compliance with all safety policies, practices and procedures
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent training and/or experience
- 10+ years in a food manufacturing environment, 5+ years leadership experience in dairy manufacturing
- Proven experience hiring and developing people in a team environment, creating a Great Place to Work
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (with board, management and staff); natural collaborator
- Demonstrated problem solving skills including root cause, corrective, and preventive action
- Experience with automation/digitization, automated systems and business intelligence
- Experience with FDA and Quality Systems rules and regulations, including planning and implementation
- Understanding of business and management principles (budgeting, cost control, strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, strength in Excel
Rumiano Cheese seeks diversity among our staff and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.