Human Resources Manager
Rumiano Cheese Company
- Willows, CA
On-site in Willows, CA
Rumiano Cheese Company (https://rumianocheese.com) is California's oldest (founded in 1919) family-owned cheese company, dedicated to the manufacture, packaging and distribution of the highest quality cheese, butter and value-added products. Products are sold across the US, Mexico, and Asia. Rumiano’s focus is providing customers with the utmost service and quality achieved by exceeding expectations in all ways. Rumiano Cheese Company’s long-lasting success is due to a highly talented team, which has included four generations of the Rumiano family.
We are looking for an upbeat and experienced Human Resources Manager to work on-site at our Willows, CA office, supporting plants in Willows and Crescent City, CA. The Human Resources Manager will partner with the Rumiano leadership team to understand and implement the organization’s human resources and talent strategy aligned with company goals. The HR Manager will help create a “Great Place to Work” for all Rumiano team members, continuing to build a culture of inclusivity, collaboration and teamwork.
This position reports directly to the Director of Operations.
Activities and Responsibilities:
- Lead hiring, onboarding and developing staff, employee relations, compensation and benefits administration, performance management, and compliance with company policies and practices
- Partner with plant management to respond quickly to employees and immediately to high priority issues.
- Nurture a positive working environment, monitor employee satisfaction, engagement and morale
- Build professional, friendly, positive relationships with employees, management and contractors
- Balance being a company and employee advocate – not losing sight of doing the right thing for both
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Ensure job descriptions and performance reviews are in place for all employees
- Conduct or participate in employee discipline, terminations, investigations and exit interviews
- Supervise HR Assistant, daily workflow and HR reporting, travel to Crescent City, CA as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related
- 5+ years Human Resource management experience, ideally in a food manufacturing environment
- Ability to apply human resource strategies and practices, in compliance with employment regulations, company practices, with recommendations consistent with building a “Great Place to Work” culture
- Natural ability to act with integrity, professionalism and maintain confidentiality
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal & presentation); natural collaborator and team builder
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills; Ability to prioritize tasks
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including analyzing data to drive decisions
- Experience with HR Information Systems; SHRM-CP or PHR preferred
Rumiano Cheese seeks diversity among our staff and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.