We're seeking an exceptional iOS Developer to join our engineering team! You will be an integral part of the Latch iOS team that is responsible for feature design, debugging, and product maintenance of the iOS mobile applications. You will work within cross-functional feature teams and collaborate closely with firmware engineers, designers, and product managers.
As a iOS Developer focused on connected devices, you will utilize Bluetooth Low Energy and other communication protocols to seamlessly link our hardware devices to our client apps and server software. You will refine and implement iOS APIs that allow higher level code to access communication functionality in a simple manner. These APIs are used to create features like simple device setup, automatic data synchronization, and real time device coordination experiences.
Responsibilities and skills:
- Expertise in Swift
- Strong preference for Test Driven Development
- Ability to evaluate solutions both in both pragmatic and ideal terms
- Command of algorithms, data structures, & design patterns as well as object oriented design principles
- Experience creating reusable components with elegant, intuitive interfaces
- Expertise in our core technology areas: CoreBluetooth, CoreAnimation, CoreData, Security APIs
- Developing and consuming RESTful network APIs
- Beneficial to have skills in developing software for devices that use Bluetooth Low Energy in both a Central and Peripheral role
- Ability to improve performance via Instruments and other profiling tools
- Experience designing application level protocols
- Familiarity with agile work flow
- Ability to communicate effectively with interdisciplinary team
Requirements:- BS (Required)/MS/PHD in Computer Science or related field