Head of Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Los Angeles, CA
Head of Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
Remote with Travel 25% of the time
We are looking for someone who can work with our clients to quickly take business objectives and convert them to a data-driven solution. The ideal candidate will have a strong traditional data warehousing background but also be comfortable with newer unstructured BI technologies such as Power BI, Cortana Analytics, and Hadoop.
- Interfacing directly with clients to solve broad business goals with data-based solutions.
- You will be responsible for gathering requirements, designing solutions, and overseeing the development and execution of projects.
- This role will be directly involved in the business development process; specifically delivering customer demos to show the value of how data can drive business goals.
- Be able to build pilot solutions and proofs-of-concept with minimal direction.
- Provide support to project manager through developing tasks, estimates, and dependencies to meet expectations
Team Size and Expectations:
US Team: 20 team members (BI Architects, BI Consultants, Data Scientists, etc.)
Build Offshore practice from scratch in a known territory to scale production.
Manage 40-60 offshore team members depending on projects as sales scale for elasticity
Who you are:
- Excels with ambiguity and able to design a clear path to meet end goals
- Have a broad understanding of BI and data technologies and how to match the right technologies to solutions.
- Have proven experience with both the customer facing and solution engineering skill set
- Knowledge of AzureSQL, and other Azure offerings centered around data and Analytics (AzureMachine Learning, Data Lake, Data Factory, Streaming Analytics, Table Storage, Hadoop, etc.)
- Practical knowledge in how to design complex SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages
- Demonstrative knowledge of SQL Server architecture, development, and administration
- How to appropriately architect complex data solutions and server configuration
- Additional RDBMS experience (Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Teradata, etc.) are a plus
- Knowledge of SQL and data projects lifecycle management (ALM).
- Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Service and Power BI.
- DataZen, Tableau, Qlikview, Cognos, and Business Objects are a plus
- Basic application architecture (understanding of tiered application, REST/SOAP, and other API’s, application flows).
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics preferred, equivalent work experience will be considered.
Our client is growing rapidly and we are looking for a strong leader to maintain our excellent reputation in delivery. This role is a senior position and expected to be able to manage client expectations, delivery resources, and project constraints with little oversight. We have many exciting projects across a diverse set of industries and technologies and have great opportunities to develop professionally.
Tuesday, May 19, 2020
$220,000 + Bonus