Sr Pipeline|Facilities Engineer (3269)
- Metairie, LA
Our Client specializing in the development of oil and gas pipeline systems, and has an urgent need for an Senior Pipeline | Facilities Engineer in their Metairie, LA office. Are you a licensed professional engineer (LA and/or TX) with 8 -15 years of engineering expertise and project management for the design, engineering, construction, installation, and operation of pipelines and related liquid pumping and storage facilities projects to corporate clients? If so this opportunity may be of interest to you!
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Perform work that involves both conventional and emerging engineering practices and techniques, but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, suitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements. Implement changes to work scope changes as required by project management and project engineer.
- Support design engineering and construction engineering activities for the pipeline and related facilities for the project(s) assigned, in accordance with the Company and/or Client standards.
- Design pipeline systems, including compressor or pump facilities.
- Development of project specific specifications, piping layouts, design calculation, stress analysis, procurement specification & material engineering, field engineering.
- Work closely with field personnel on all aspects of engineering, design, operations and maintenance.
- Review and evaluate work to ensure quality control in adherence to policies and procedures.
- Support material procurement efforts.
- Stay current with the pipeline regulations, industry codes and standards, integrity assessment methods, construction and repair methods, etc.
- Facilitate or support collaboration and coordination of activities with other departments and offices.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
The responsibilities noted above only provide a broad overview of the potential for assignments. Tools and resources are available to our engineers for analyzing problems such as thermal expansion, pipeline stability, pipeline hydraulics, and conducting finite element analyses.Qualifications:
- Mechanical or Chemical Engineering disciplines are preferred, but other disciplines will be considered.
- Prefer candidates with prior industry engineering design experience.
- Technical knowledge and work experience in pipeline risk management and analysis.
- Engineering expertise including comprehensive knowledge of related fields including applicable industry codes and regulations.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Company’s employees, clients and industry representatives.
- Ability to support complex design and construction projects concurrently, to analyze engineering data and develop effective solutions, and to prepare technical reports.
- Ability to effectively plan and organize engineering functions with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Must be highly motivated, good team player, customer oriented and have the ability to learn outside of own discipline.
- Independent judgment; strong analytical skills.
- Commitment to a standard of quality
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, engineering, and support personnel required
Monday, May 6, 2019