Project Engineer-Civil/Structural Design (3882)
OneSource Professional Search
- Baton Rouge, LA
Our client, an established and growing 70+ y/o specialty heavy civil manufacturing and industrial services provider, is seeking a Project Engineer with structural design and project management experience. Their clients include manufacturing plants/facilities along the Gulf Coast in LA/MS I-10 corridor, and they are based in Baton Rouge, LA. The company has a great corporate culture with very low turnover due to the combination of family/fun atmosphere, busy and steady projects, and great compensation/benefits.
- Responsible for design calculations for projects in compliance with all applicable building codes and/or specifications.
- Review in-house drawings for accuracy and conformance to project specifications
- Work with other internal departments to ensure project requirements regarding scheduling, customer concerns, and cost issues are being met.
- Perform duties related to project management, business development, research and development.
- Flexible work schedule type with Hybrid or Fully Remote option.
- B.S. in Civil or Structural Engineering along with P.E. registration in LA and/or TX preferred
- Or the ability to obtain P.E. registration within 1-2 years.
- 3+ years of structural design experience
- Understanding of structural design, modeling and analysis, and relevant building codes and standards
- Structural concrete design experience a plus
- Experience with CAD and 3-D solid modeling software, STAAD exp. preferred
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Effective communication skills, attention to detail, and time management skills
Thursday, February 22, 2024