Sr. Data Engineer (3540)
- Oklahoma City, OK
A growing energy company has an immediate opening for a Senior Data Engineer. Must be an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The successful candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing the company’s data architecture to support their next generation of products and data initiatives. Self-directed professional who is comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products; willingness to explore solutions previously thought not feasible and a desire to learn new and upcoming technologies; and have an openness to your designs, solution and architecture being challenged in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Your Role With The Company:
- Reporting directly to the Chief Digital Officer you will be responsible for continuously expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
- Support the software developers, database administrators, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture. Identify, design and implement internal process improvements, automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, redesigning infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources like TSQL, files, Oracle SQL, XLM, etc using SSIS, BIML, Python, C# etc.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related course of study required
- Minimum of 6 – 10+ years of experience with object oriented |object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring [SQL] as well as a working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience with big data tools, NoSQL databases, Azure cloud services and stream-processing systems preferred.
- Experience in building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets; performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
Benefits & Compensation:
- Full Benefits Package. Great PTO plan that take into account industry experience.
- Competitive compensation including base, performance bonus (track record of continuous payments - ie. 2020 downturn did not keep company from paying their employee's bonuses)
For immediate consideration please email your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 985 778 2907. Note: Include"Sr Data Engineer " in the subject line.
Thursday, April 15, 2021