Lead R&D Engineer - Heat Transfer (3222)
- Raliegh, NC
Bring your heat transfer/ fluid dynamics background and leadership skill to an excellent opportunity to a dynamic team of industry experts where you’ll have the chance to prove your technical leadership, and put yourself in a great position to grow into a bigger role.
We are actively recruiting for a Lead R&D Engineer – Heat Transfer. If can answer these questions with a “Yes” this opportunity may be for you:
- Do you have a sound background in heat transfer and fluid dynamics, in both theory and practical application, in a research and development environment?
- Do you have 10+ years of experience in research and/or development of flow related industrial products?
- A bachelor's degree (BS) from a four-year college or university in Mechanical, Chemical or Aerospace Engineering, or a related engineering field. Note an advanced degree is desirable.
- Are you proficient in the use of state-of-the-art simulation tools (CFD, CAD), as well as hands-on testing and validation?
- Do you enjoy working closely with other disciplines, including product management, engineering design, manufacturing and sales, to improve current designs and identify needed solutions that will allow you to respond quickly to new global market trends?
- Do you want to lead development projects of varying size and help solve technically challenging problems (e.g. with root cause analysis)?
Located in the Global Design Center in the North Carolina area and reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will take global ownership of the R&D technology for development of future generations of heat exchangers.
- Take global ownership of all technology and tools needed for a state of the art R&D department.
- Identify new design concepts to increase efficiency of heat exchangers.
- Develop and use simulation methods (e.g. CFD) for accurate performance predictions and reduced development cycles.
- Lead and perform testing programs in the test lab.
- Analyze design and test data of new developments and field units in the pursuit of continuous improvement of product portfolio performance.
- Lead development projects with interdisciplinary product teams.
- Collaborate with product management, engineering design, operations, sales and field service to consider their needs in the development of next generation heat exchangers.
- Support the resolution of field issues by applying engineering principles rigorously to determine cause and effect relationships.
- Assess, identify and protect Intellectual Property related to R&D technology.
- Present regular status updates to senior management.
- Travel up to 10% of your time based on the needs of the position.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS FOR SUCCESS
- A strong background in fluid dynamics and heat transfer, in theory and practical application; experience with heat exchangers / reboilers would be a strong plus.
- The ability to systematically break down and analyze complex problems, including root cause analysis, and apply the appropriate problem-solving methodology.
- A curious mindset to challenge the status quo for continuous improvement.
- Substantial experience in the application of fluid and heat transfer simulation tools (CFD).
- Proven project management and leadership skills in the development of flow-related industrial products.
- The ability to apply product development and continuous improvement methodologies (DFSS, QFD, etc.).
- Experience with R&D testing to deliver full plant solutions from the laboratory to the field.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in technical writing (summarizing and publishing technical work).
- A self-directed, organized working style.
- The ability to envision what the future could be, beyond what it is today.
- The desire to work with people and forge teams to improve results in a fast-paced environment.
Wednesday, July 10, 2019