Our client, a stable and growing specialty design and project management project management firm, named as one of ENR magazines Top 500 firms is seeking an experienced civil/structural engineer with 5 or more years' experience. This is a new position due to their steady growth in the industrial/petrochemical client space in SE Texas and SW La. corridor. Our client is privately held and has one of the best, if not the best corporate cultures we've had the pleasure to work with over the years placing many professionals who remain with them and are very happy they made the move. In addition to designing structures, this is a Lead Engineering position that will have Project Management responsibilities along with mentoring a couple lesser experienced engineers as well. One recent structural engineer we placed here told us that it's a very unique opportunity in that the scope of projects is on PAR with very large engineering firms without the politics and instability (hire/layoff cycle) of larger firms.
Requirements for success include:
* BS in Civil or Structural Engineering
* Above average to excellent industrial design skills/experience in steel, concrete and foundation design
* Desire for a long term career (no job shoppers/hoppers)
* U.S. Permanent Resident or CItizenship REQUIRED
* P.E. LA or TX preferred
* Preferred experience includes industrial and or marine/port facilities