Staff Process Engineer - Refinery (3258)
- Central, WY
The Staff Engineer will be accountable for the process health, optimization and management for their assigned unit(s). Should have functional knowledge of all process units in Refinery. Contribute to the development and accountability of the department budget. Mentor and drive the development of process engineers and summer interns. Develop SMART goals to enhance the performance and reliability of the process units.
- Monitor area of responsibility on daily basis for general health and performance.
- Develop and stewardship energy optimization projects to enhance refinery EII.
- Give guidance to the unit supervisor and operators on unit optimization for area of responsibility.
- Track catalyst activity and predict end-of-run. Includes catalyst replacement selection and purchase.
- Process trouble-shooting as issues occur.
- Monitor corrosion and chemical treatment programs in area of responsibility.
- Track energy usage and make recommendations to reduce utility cost for the process unit.
- Provide turn-around support for refinery.
- Continuously evaluating process to identify process and control improvements.
- Initiate and support Management of Change to properly document changes made in process unit.
- Participate in unit Process Hazard Analysis; participate and on occasion lead incident investigations.
- Conduct unit performance tests to update or validate the Linear Program (LP) and Hyprotech Systems (HYSYS) models.
- Improve and maintain accurate unit weight balance.
- Utilize process design skills to develop process support packages for Refinery projects.
- Provide process training to unit personnel.
- Mentor process engineers; supervise summer interns and other temporary employees.
- Fill in for the technical services manager as needed.
- Continue personal development with self driven on-site training and off-site training.
- Follow through on commitments made to others.
- Create and maintain a neat, clean and well-organized and professional looking work area.
- Other duties as assigned by Technical Services Manager.
Accredited Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering is required. Ten to twenty years of relevant work experience preferred.Supervisor experience preferred.
Thursday, May 23, 2019