Gas Supply Planning Manager (3236)
- New Orleans, LA
Company Description: This publicly traded standout energy company is looking to hire an individual to lead their existing Gas Supply Planning Team. This individual will be tasked to spearhead efforts in gas supply data management and analytics.
- Supervise the existing Gas Supply Planning Team to create statistical models/templates for load forecasting and gas capacity planning.
- Uses existing proprietary load forecasts to manage all aspects of load planning including:
- Pipeline transportation
- Storage determination
- Peak day, monthly, annually and long-term gas supply requirements
- Responsible for all data analytics and machine learning functions within Gas Supply.
- Responsible for all statistical modeling and data management related to Gas Supply usage, weather and customer class.
- Utilizes statistical analysis to create short-term forecasts to assist with daily gas supply purchase decisions for all the company’s divisions
- Provide business units with regulatory support for data requests including historical weather and volumetric data, as well as serve as an expert witness to give testimony before governmental agencies when needed.
- Required to provide regulatory testimony supporting the company’s forecasts and decisions.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in business/statistics or a related field and 4-5 years related experience
- Proficiency in a programming language such as Python, R, Matlab or C++
- Proficient using Tableau or other similar software for data visualization
- Proficient using statistical modeling software
Tuesday, March 12, 2019