Director of Marketing
Orchid Holistic Search
- 2900 Bristol D-205 Costa Mesa, CA
POSITION DESCRIPTION: MARKETING DIRECTOR
About The Company
Do you want your career to make a real difference in the world? At Abbot's Butcher, our plant-based meats are truly "from nature - for nature". We believe in continued innovation and operating every day at the leading edge of the plant-based world. And we’re on a mission to remake how the world eats – in a way that honors animals, the planet and our bodies.
At Abbot's Butcher, we're "all in," humble, and empathetic. We live to work, because our work has purpose! We don't take ourselves too seriously, and we honor failing fast and constant iteration. We’re a small, but rapidly growing company. The team thrives in a fast-paced environment, we believe in hard work, and constant innovation – and are driven by purpose. There is heart in everything we do, including how we work with each other.
If our culture inspires you, please read on and apply. We can't wait to meet you!
Abbot’s Butcher is seeking a Marketing Director to join the team. Well-rounded marketing experience within the Natural channel is required for this position. This is a brand new role and will report directly to the Co-Founder/CEO. This is a full-time & in-house (with some work from home flex) position in the Los Angeles, CA area.
Position Mission Statement
The overall mission of this role will be to lead strategy, planning and execution of Abbot’s Butcher’s brand and trade marketing foundations, monitor performance, optimize, and report on effectiveness and ROI. This position will own and drive all aspects related to marketing including brand positioning, social media, public relations, consumer insights, event marketing/sponsorship, and advertising.
- Responsible for driving strategy, execution and managing budget across all digital advertising (social, Google, Instacart, SEO, email, display)
- Designs and oversees all ad content creation – constantly measuring and reporting performance of all campaigns in order to optimize approach
- Brainstorms new and creative growth strategies through digital marketing
- Collaborates with sales and operations teams to create landing pages and optimize customer experience
- Lead the development of the annual marketing plan and budget in line with corporate objectives and strategies
- Understand current and future trends in the industry to ensure Abbot’s stays ahead of trends, leading the industry while staying true to who we are.
- Collaborate with Leadership Team to develop and execute promo calendar, demo support, distributor and retailer program participation
- Intellectual firepower and superior strategic and analytical capabilities. Ability to use data and analytics to drive key recommendation, changes, and decisions.
- Point of contact for customers including Whole Foods, Sprout’s, MOM’s; manage retailer expectations
Data Management & Analysis:
- Retrieve and analyze marketing campaign data (performance & sales data by brand, SKU, & retailer)
- Work with VP Sales to improve and optimize marketing efficiency and performance and to maximize sales growth in each retail account
Trade Program Management:
- Assist on new program launches and assortment optimization at each retailer
- Content Creation
- Digital couponing
- Store level support
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations with detailed information by SKU (to pitch to existing and new retail partners)
- Create planogram layout and designs in PowerPoint & Photoshop
- Guide the development of the overall Field Marketing vision and strategy
- Collaborate with Founder on thinking through opportunities for experiential marketing including pop-ups, demos, tradeshows, and community events
- Coordinate photo shoots, marketing campaigns, special events, incentives, etc.
- Ensure supply of samples to support new product launches, pop-ups and new retail partnerships
Product Development & Management:
- Create the trade tools and service in collaboration (copy and assets for retailers, e-com, training tools, etc.)
- Analyze qualitative & quantitative reports in order to identify opportunities
- Monitor sell-in and sell-out performance, market and consumer analysis
- Work with creative team on artwork for in-store graphics
- Build strong 360 activation
- Oversee content strategy with the blog, with recipes, social media projects, etc.
- Email campaigns
- Blog and recipes
- Social media
- Direct report responsibility for leading/mentoring (2) team members: Marketing Coordinator and (part time) Social Media
- Building a team to support our growth.
- Cultivate a collaborative of impassioned agency and freelance partners that do their best work
- Optimize communication and collaboration with cross-functional groups and other key stakeholders to ensure alignment, visibility/action toward critical issues, resource optimization and project/program execution
- 5+ years experience in marketing working with small CPG brand
- Strong background in content strategy and digital marketing
- Figure-it-out-able attitude
- Fresh ideas, outside the box thinking
- Performance driven
- Analytical mindset balanced with strong creativity
- Self Starter & can thrive in a start-up environment
- Proven ability to demonstrate marketing spend ROI and be scrappy and effective with marketing budget
- Innovative outlook. This person will have genuine brand creativity, with the innate ability to see marketing opportunities that may not be immediately evident.
Wednesday, April 14, 2021