The Associate Brand Director is responsible for the management of the business activities for Wellshire brands and has total responsibility to manage budget and P&L to meet company objectives for Annual Operating Plan and Long-Range Planning process. This role develops long and short-term strategies, marketing plans, innovation/new products that will achieve company/brand profit, volume, and share objectives.
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT & OPERATIONS
· Lead Wellshire brand strategy team to identify and grow brand strategy marketing competencies to deliver upon Wellshire goals and strategic objectives.
· Develop and implement the marketing objectives, strategies, long-range and annual plans for assigned categories reflecting overall corporate goals.
· S&OP, MBR, QBR, + P&L inputs and assumptions.
· Accountable for S&OP planning inputs, assumptions, and identifying risks and opportunities associated with the plan.
· Accountable for P&L across Products.
· Responsible for communicating monthly, quarterly, and annual business results and key insights/actions associated with those results.
INNOVATION AND PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
· Lead Innovation pipeline development and drive 3-5year innovation calendar development to include annual launch plan and execution. Product manager for all key growth areas for Wellshire.
· Provide marketing leadership and guidance for product management for Wellshire brands.
· Responsible for leading and aligning brand architecture how Wellshire brands are related to and differentiated from one another.
· Responsible for alignment to pricing strategy and architecture how the Wellshire brands are related to and differentiated from one another.
· Daily product management focusing on distribution, quality, and formula management.
· Accountable to develop and lead the long-term success of Wellshire brands to achieve specific business goals and directly connect to consumer needs, emotions, and competitive environments.
· Support the leadership team on development of 5-year strategic plan
· Lead the development of selling presentations to internal/external stakeholders.
· Lead integrated marketing communications by overseeing advertising, promotion, and marketing communication activities and provides coaching on communication best practices and marketing, public relations, promotions, and media innovations.
· Lead and inspire the team to identify and grow brand marketing competencies to deliver upon Wellshire goals.
· Ensure team of tomorrow aligns to strategy and structure requirements.
Core Competencies: Strategic Focus, Drive for Results, Broad Business Knowledge, Consumer/Customer Focus, Organizational Agility.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCY REQUIRED:
· Deep knowledge of natural/organic channel, consumer, and customer drivers
· Champion the use and understanding of consumer segmentation to identify brand goals and develop strategies.
· Develops and executes comprehensive strategic marketing plans and programs, both short and long-term, to support sales and revenue objectives of the organization.
· Monitor competitive activity, their products, and their strategies make recommendations to strengthen strategic plans.
· Collaborate on the development and implementation of customer strategic plans and initiatives to drive growth and return on investment
· Identify appropriate market analysis frameworks for the team to use based on knowledge of industry and company/brand situation.
· Drive portfolio and brand development and positioning based on consumer insights and business opportunities.
Experience Two to four years of Natural/Organic channel brand management and two to four years of traditional CPG experience required.
Education Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Finance or a related field required. An MBA or equivalent master’s degree is preferred.
Certifications Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of marketing and finance within natural and organic channel.
/Knowledge: Strong strategic thinking with a consumer & shopper lens is required. A proven track record in managing and meeting volume and profit targets through creative marketing of existing lines.
Strong analytical and project management skills a must; Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Travel: Local and/or overnight travel is required 30% of the time.