Vice President Quality
Orchid Holistic Search
- Brattleboro, VT, United States
NEW CHAPTER MISSION
Our Mission is to deliver the Wisdom of Nature and take our healing mission to more people in more parts of the world. We strive to be one of the leading supplement companies in the world by delivering “New Chapters” for the industry and being passionate leaders in all we do.
Our Credo Work Ethic points establish our Company values and inspire the best in collaborative business conduct. Our Supercritical Success Factors define the business competencies required for delivery of a healing mission which demands our personal “Absolute Best Performance”, the vitality and growth of every employee at New Chapter.
Reports To: Director, NA PHC & Americas Manufacturing
Accountable for general oversight, direction and delivery of all Quality Assurance and Quality Control strategies and resources. Cooperates with external contractors as well as collaborating with QA to support New Chapter’s new initiative and innovation work.
MAJOR ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Manage the creation and maintenance of QA Systems and appropriate Food Safety Plans, including change control, SOP’s, document management, quality deviations and investigations, GMP related training, etc.
- Create and manage Site Quality Compliance Risk Management activities, including Quality Councils, Quality Program Health Assessments, complaint management and CAPA’s.
- Track and report quality metrics to P&G Personal Health Care QA Leadership
- Manage and host Board of Health (BOH) audits and various 3rd party certifications
- Manage site QC operations, and microbiological and analytical testing of components, bulk materials, printed materials, reference standards and finished products, encompassing over 100 formulations.
- Manage QA Operations at Brattleboro, involving Batch Record creation, approval and management, production oversight, investigations, and change control
- Oversee Supplier, Contract Manufacturing/Packaging, and Contract Laboratory Quality Assurance activities
Innovation Quality Assurance
- Manage QA support for product, package, and label innovation. Manage involving Batch Record creation, approval and management, production oversight, investigations, and change control for innovation work. Provides guidance on clinical studies, new markets, or distribution channels
Personnel and Budget Management
- Manage the staffing and career planning of 20+ direct reports. Hire personnel, as needed.
- Manage the capital and expense budget associated with QA/QC.
- Identify and implement strategies to address cost-savings and process improvement opportunities while maintaining robust quality standards
- Reporting dotted line to New Chapter Commercial Leader, participate as a member of the company Leadership Team. Collaborate with other function heads and Brattleboro site team to support the overall Brattleboro New Chapter organization.
- New Chapter SPOC for benchmarking and compliance with P&G work processes/Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability and passion to embrace New Chapter’s mission; to inspire and to align teams, critical resources, management, and stakeholders in support of delivering business objectives.
- Creative thinker with exceptional process, analytical, management and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Effective influencer and strategic planner able to connect at all levels of the organization with proven ability to collaborate in a complex environment.
- Strong empathy and initiative with the ability to operate with a high degree of sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Skilled at building consensus, delegation, follow-up, and a sense of kinship through team building.
- Calm and responsive under sensitive conditions with ability to make independent, reasoned solutions.
- Understands how to set priorities in a complex work environment.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION and CREDENTIALS:
- Advanced degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Engineering, Food Science, or related field, preferred or B.S. with equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10+ years industry experience in Quality Assurance in pharmaceuticals or dietary supplements.
- Minimum 3 years managing a Quality Assurance organization, preferably of the size, scope, and complexity at New Chapter.
- Experience with direct interaction with regulatory bodies involving cGMP activities.
- Experience collaborating on sustainability initiatives a plus
Thursday, August 20, 2020