Key Account Manager - WFM
Orchid Holistic Search
The Key Account Manager is responsible for the sales and profitable development of assigned regional chains and key accounts.This position is also responsible for creating business partnerships and strategic plans to achieve the sales goals for Gaia Herbs’ largest chain accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Full accountability for communicating and implementing programs/plans with Gaia’s key customers to ensure our success. This includes organizing and strategic planning, developing effective and positive ROI promotional programs by account, working in the field with broker reps, conducting annual business reviews, communicating account activity for implementation to the sales team, and meeting growth goals.
- Ensures that distribution, promotional, merchandising and pricing goals are delivered for all key accounts including the following:
- Achieving new item distribution and promotional targets in each account.
- Effectively creating and managing trade programs in each account to deliver incremental revenue and positive ROI.
- Managing key customers to develop strong business plans.
- Working with broker reps to secure off-shelf merchandising opportunities.
- Negotiates business terms that are favorable to Gaia Herbs and result in win-win partnerships with key accounts.
- Achieves quarterly and annual sales goals assigned by the DOS for each account.
- Visits stores with broker reps when in the territory for key meetings and includes them in meetings to gain the full scope of the business.
- Meets with corporate buyers at least 1x per year at their corporate office to conduct business reviews and create promotional plans to meet annual growth goals.
- Financial management responsibilities include: managing P&Ls, forecasting, budgeting net sales and MDF spend (discounts, coop, demos, etc.), ensuring the strongest ROI for trade spend, and meeting MDF goals. Utilization of car stock allotment to ensure best use. Working with DOS to schedule key education events and programs, targeting the right markets for the greatest ROI.
- Works with DOS, National Account Administrator, and other internal departments to ensure account promotional forecasts are entered into the system and orders related to promotions can be filled in full.
- Understands and communicates category and new product review timelines to DOS, to ensure new product launch materials are provided in the required timing to secure new product placement in accounts.
- Communicates market conditions to the DOS to ensure our programs and plans are competitive, focused and successful.
- Works as a team with the National Account Administrator, clearly communicating administrative support needs to ensure deadlines and promotional paperwork is completed on time.
- Communicates customer marketing needs to DOS, and engages with Gaia’s marketing team as needed to ensure proper marketing programs and tools are created for key accounts.
Education and/or Experience
- B.S. or M.S. degree in related field and/or commensurate experience in high level sales positions within consumer packaged goods, with strong preference given to those with 4 years or more in the natural products industry.
- Must have experience and a successful track record building, leading, and exceeding sales targets on a year-over-year basis with retail customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to travel as required (up to 30%) including key meetings, expos, and trade shows.
- In-depth knowledge of Natural Products retailers and buyers is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding and proven results in sales process, sales management, and strategic account management.
- Practical understanding of sales reporting basics, and the ability to use them as resources in account leadership.
- Strong organization skills.
- Fast learner and self-starter who is creative with contagious enthusiasm.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed
- The ability to demonstrate creative, strategic, and highly organized thinking.
- Excellent communication skills—both written and verbal, including a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- The ability to identify potential issues proactively, and apply customer service and relationship management principles to manage their resolution.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write comprehensive business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small groups situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk.The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear; and taste or smell.Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to be able to view a computer screen.
A portion of the work is performed in the field and includes some overnight travel.The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
Monday, September 10, 2018