Director of Operations
Orchid Holistic Search
The Director of Operations role covers all aspects of managing the day-to-day operations of external client(s) including (co)manufacturing, supply chain and logistics, and working closely with the Managing Partners and client's founders to achieve operational efficiency.
- Travel to co-manufacturers and/or production sites to optimize production.
- The ability to analyze inventory levels and product demand to determine inventory reorder levels which will ensure product availability and minimize inventory costs.
- Management of the distribution of product to the customer to maximize sales and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Monitor the scheduling, training of external warehouse, distribution, and receiving team.
- Direct the activities of the Customer Service department, which includes order entry, General Customer Service, EDI, Vendor Compliance, Sales Support and all delivery confirmations.
- Maintains contact with vendors on product and supply deliveries.
- Schedules and revises shipment plans to ensure efficient shipment of products to satisfy customers.
- Solves inventory problems.
- Coordinates and manages inventory cycle counts.
- Enhances workflow by analyzing and developing logistics plans that affect production, distribution, and inventory.
- Identifies areas where cost savings can be accomplished.
- Work with intercompany systems and teams to coordinate P.O.S., inventory levels, pricing, promotions and product information to optimize efficient sales flow.
- 5 - 7 years experience as an operations manager
- Proficiency with Microsoft
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, remain organized and work efficiently.
- Ability to work efficiently in a high demand, team oriented, and fast-paced environment.
- Solid problem-solving skills and excellent Management skills.
- Solid communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management, time management, organization, comprehension, detail oriented and follow-up skills.
- BA/BS Degree Preferred
- Able to travel up to 50%
- Rapid-growth/Start-up experience
- Experience reporting directly to CEO/Founder
- Experience across multiple categories of product
Tuesday, June 11, 2019