Title: Maty’s - Head of Supply
Location: Boulder, CO
Management team role responsible for the procurement, quality, planning and operation of the supply of Maty’s products to our customers; and to ensure achievement of business goals for quality, cost and delivery reliability.
· Management of our lean and nimble the Maty’s Supply team including contract personnel. This includes areas such as quality, technical, and supporting needs.
· Accountable for all procurement activities including, sourcing, contracting, order management, and payments. Includes day to day and longer term supplier relationships, ongoing supplier performance management, and the maintenance of a supply network to support the future needs of our rapidly growing company. Directly manages contracts and planning/order management.
· Drives towards increased sustainable sourcing practices
· Serves as primary communication lead with key functional areas including Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Logistics providers, R&D, etc.
· Responsible for coordinating and integrating the flow of materials and information among suppliers and manufacturers through ongoing cadence of supply; Leads all commercialization activities item launches and onboarding co-manufactures.
· Overall responsible for ensuring competitive, reliable, and sustainable supply of our products
After having two energetic boys, Carolyn Harrington finally got her little baby girl, Maty. She was ecstatic! But that feeling faded quickly and turned to fear when she found out Maty was born with major heart defects that required Maty to endure three heart surgeries before the age of 5 and left her with a weakened immune system.
As if that wasn’t bad enough, Carolyn was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis just after Maty was born. Facing these challenges, Carolyn became frustrated with modern medicine. Little did she know that this frustration would be the catalyst for her inspiration. She began researching natural ways of healing. What started with a mission to keep her friends and family healthy through natural healing became what is now known as Maty’s Healthy Products.
Maty’s is focused on providing pure, all natural, and organic alternatives to traditional medication. When a shopper picks up a Maty’s product, she can smile because she recognizes every ingredient and doesn’t see a long list of scary side effects.
Additional Position Details:
This role entails supporting our growth and its dynamic supply chain needs. This includes tasks such as managing the production schedule/order management/payment for finished goods across assigned co-manufactured products, balancing finished goods inventory with the sales forecast to support service and inventory targets, ensuring forward looking capacity, keeping rolling 12 month plan to meet business needs including launch, promotional, or seasonal builds. Establishing partnerships and sourcing our new product pipeline, coordinating logistics, and projects execution as needed. It includes duties such as:
· Ensuring an overall company quality system
· Monitoring supplier performance cost, quality, and on time delivery performance; acting to ensure goals are met
· Maintaining collaborative relationships with internal and external suppliers and customers
· Maintaining supplier and product master data for reference and regulatory compliance
· Ensuring current contractual agreements (e.g. Memorandum of Understanding, Supplier Agreements, NDAs, Quality Assurance Documentation, etc.) are in place and enforced.
The position requires expertise in the area of herb and herb extract sourcing and associated raw materials, natural ingredients, and supplements. Extensive experience using MS Office Suite including MS Excel, MS WORD, MS Project and Outlook. Basic finance acumen and related software applications. Professional communication verbally and in writing, with colleagues, customers, and suppliers.
Targeted personal traits: Must be able to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision. Ideally, this person will be coachable and can coach, has both strategy and execution capabilities, and a demonstrated ability reapply best practices. Well-organized and accurate with details. Must consistently demonstrate and promote leadership behaviors of a dynamic, high performing culture/organization. Energetic and enthusiastic, Collaborative, Innovative, Customer focused, Approachable, Results driven, Motivational. Resourceful and self-sufficient – understands how to execute with the resources of a company this size, will roll up sleeves.
Periodic travel will be required, ~25%.
Meeting budget, deadlines and goals/KPIs. Establishing goals, deadlines and goals for the supply organization in support of overall business aspirations. Leadership behaviors.
· Bachelor’s degree+ in related sciences field (materials management/business/supply chain/ engineering/Etc.)
· Manufacturing and/or supply chain experience a must, demonstrated management capability. Preference to functional experience in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Site Operations and Quality. Training in APICS, CPM, CPIM, or Lean disciplines a plus.
· 10+ years related experience in similar or related fields