Vice President of Operations
Orchid Holistic Search
- Los Angeles, CA
Do you want your career to make a real difference in the world? At Abbot's Butcher, our plant-based meats are truly "from nature - for nature". We believe in continued innovation and operating every day at the leading edge of the plant-based world. And we’re on a mission to remake how the world eats – in a way that honors animals, the planet and our bodies.
At Abbot's Butcher, we're "all in," humble, and empathetic. We live to work, because our work has purpose! We don't take ourselves too seriously, and we honor failing fast and constant iteration. We’re a small, but rapidly growing company. The team thrives in a fast-paced environment, we believe in hard work, and constant innovation – and are driven by purpose. There is heart in everything we do, including how we work with each other.
If our culture inspires you, please read on and apply. We can't wait to meet you!
The VP of Operations will be a key member of the executive team, and will work closely with the Founder/ CEO. You will have responsibility for developing and executing the strategic and tactical operational plans for the company. You will oversee the internal elements of the organization (including supply chain, quality control, logistics) as well as external operations, with a focus on continuous improvement. And most importantly – you will help us grow into a company that can have massive impact around the world.
- Develop, implement and maintain a long-run strategic plan for the department based on company vision and mission
- Build world class operations team, oversee the company S&OP process, and develop a direct reporting system
- Manage all co-manufacturer and supplier relationships, and serve as the company’s representative to all operations partners
- Develop, implement and maintain an annual business plan and budget for the department based on department needs and overall company objectives and direction
- Oversee and manage co-manufacturing partnerships to ensure the maintenance of, and compliance to company specs and standards
- Develop, implement systems to enhance interdepartmental coordination and communication, efficiencies and cost savings
- Handle all QA-related issues and inquiries from customers, co-manufacturers, retailers, distributors, etc.
- Establish, build and maintain strategic alliances and business relationships that help further company strategic plans and objectives
- Work closely with our Director of Supply Chain to oversee and manage raw material sourcing and purchasing, contract management, production planning, sales/ops coordination, logistics, warehousing
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
- 10+ years in manufacturing leadership roles in food with broad experience across supply chain, purchasing, planning, logistics
- Previously held role as Director / VP Operations
- Heavy experience managing co-manufacturers
- Track record of successfully commercializing and scaling new products
- Exceptional knowledge of food safety and regulatory documentation and compliance (SQF, BRC, ISO Standards, FDA Regulations)
- Thorough ERP experience (DEAR, NetSuite)
- Advanced Excel Proficiency
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
Desired Personality Traits:
Competitive salary with bonus and medical and dental.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, multi-functional environment
- Ability to problem solve in various situations, belief that “everything is figure-outable”
- Leadership skills, with ability to provide effective guidance and direction with kindness and compassion
- Genuine interest in animal welfare, environmental sustainability and healthy living
- Professional, yet warm personality no matter what storm we are weathering
Thursday, March 25, 2021