Director of Sales
Orchid Holistic Search
Company & Opportunity
Hydros is a San Francisco based start-up in the hydration/filtration space.The company is poised for success; well-funded and has a high-profile BOD comprised of industry experts.Just launching after a 4 year R&D process, Hydros will disrupt a stagnant category with innovative product range, sleek design and optimal margins.The Director of Sales is responsible for leading effective execution of strategic growth plans for opening 1000+ doors in the Natural Channel over the first year; crafting the story which will lead to expansion into national big-box retailers in years 2-3.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds, maintains, and manages high performance broker team.
- Provides leadership to broker team through effective and clear objective setting, inspiration, delegation, and communication.
- Held accountable to measurable performance objectives for meeting sales goals, ACV, promotional and merchandising execution. Uses data and reporting to clearly express what success looks like at all levels.
- Serves as the leadership face and voice of Hydros with independent retailers as well as national and regional chains. This includes in-person visits, calls to address any concerns, email communications to address national field opportunities or issues.
- Negotiates contracts, developing personal relationships with important field accounts and ensuring a “top to top” connection.
- Identifies and targets accounts for market penetration and develops strategic approach. Develops targets for new customer acquisition in field, focusing on new co-op and independent stores.
- Creates and optimizes sales programs to drive incremental revenue and profitability.
- Conducts quarterly reviews of sales activity effectiveness.
- Assumes responsibility for the implementation of effective promotion strategies, including post-promo analysis to make adjustments to future plans.
Education and/or Experience:
- Successful track record leading sales within a high-growth environment that meets or exceeds sales targets on a year-over-year basis.
- 5-10 years minimum experience selling natural food/beverage/housewares in the following channels:
- Natural & Specialty Grocery, required
- Houseware retailers, Sporting Goods & Outdoors, preferred
- Mass/Bigbox (Target, Costo), preferred
- Start-up experience of interest
Skills and Attributes:
- Relentlessly focused on development of new business & execution of plan
- Collaborative, open, flexible
- Entrepreneurial spirit, requiring little direction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Natural & Organic Brands, products, customers, brokers and direct distribution channels, pricing, and promotion strategies
- Strong organization and attention to detail, with the ability to effectively implement process.
- Road warrior
- Ability to write, read and comprehend complex sales reports and analytics
- Ability to effectively and articulately present information to customers, Hydros team and board of directors
- Skilled in negotiation tactics
- Proficient in interpreting and applying complex sales data
This is a remote position where hazards and noise level are at the employee’s control. Position requires travel ~ 80% to customers and trade show events as required
Thursday, October 25, 2018