Orchid Holistic Search
- Spooner, WI
Botanic Innovations: Job Description
VP of Innovation
The VP of Innovation position is accountable for developing and executing our science methodology and product development strategy. This role leads the formulation development process internally and in support of our Customer’s needs.The role will support and initiate growth strategies across our product and ingredient portfolio, to build, evolve and deliver innovative offerings and go-to-market products.The role will collaborate across the company, reporting to the COO and Chief Science Officer as a member of the senior management team.
Position Primary Objectives:
- Leads the scientific functions for Botanic Innovations, including basic and applied research.
- Leads the development and prioritization of innovative and differentiated new products, including blends.
- Identify and apply industry trends and technological advances.
- Leads the formulation process internally, and in collaboration with Botanic Innovations’ customers. Bring forward fact-based recommendations to set the product development priorities and pipeline.
- Leads in the development of the product portfolio and drives the processes for prioritization, development, claims support and launch.
- Collaborate with the sales, marketing and operations teams to develop products that are executable and support our planned growth strategy, (including the product, supporting science and data, purpose/differentiation) that creates a multimillion-dollar branded, or co-branded sustainable growth business.)
Qualifications & Experience:
- MS degree (Sciences Degrees minimum), PhD preferred
- 10+ years of experience in relevant roles and industries
- Translates consumer and competitive data/insights into product solutions for customers
- Delivered innovative products and presentations to earn business from current and prospective customers
- Business plan development
- Product development: concept ideation to launch
- Product P&L management
- Project management
- Product & marketing claims: trials, testing, quality assurance and regulatory compliance
- Partnership development
Demonstrated Leadership Attributes:
- Integrity, ethics, humility & honesty
- Thinks customer, and delivers
- Servant leader
- Accountable, results driven
- Fact-based data drive decision making
- Strong business judgement, cost management and financial acumen
- Self-starter that thrives in a highly entrepreneurial, independent and distributed work-environment
- Anticipates and prepares, including a real-time pulse on industry trends and the competitive landscape
- Collaborative, highly effective at integrated product development and go to market execution
- Excellent written and oral communication: vision, objectives, rationale, actions & deadline achievement
Tuesday, February 18, 2020