Director of Marketing
Orchid Holistic Search
- Asheville, NC
About The Company
No Evil Foods, makers of artisan Plant Meat, is hell-bent on disrupting the food system. Our small-batch plant-based meats challenge the status quo by using simple, sustainable ingredients to recreate a traditional protein experience that will blow your mind.
We’re a purpose-powered company focused on positively impacting people, planet, and animals through awesome food. Every bite you take of No Evil Foods helps build the resistance and supports our cause: to use food as a force for good, because real change starts at the center of your plate.
No Evil Foods is seeking a Marketing Director to join the team. In-depth trade marketing experience within the Natural/Conventional is required for this position. This is a brand new role and will report directly to the co-founder/Chief Creative Officer. This is a full-time & in-house position in Asheville, North Carolina.
Position Mission Statement
The overall mission of this role will be to lead strategy, planning and execution of No Evil’s brand and trade marketing foundations, monitor performance, optimize, and report on effectiveness and ROI. This position will own and drive all aspects related to marketing including brand positioning, packaging, social media, public relations, consumer insights, event marketing/sponsorship, and advertising.
- Lead the development of the annual marketing plan and budget in line with corporate objectives and strategies
- Understand current and future trends in the industry to ensure NEF stays ahead of trends, leading the industry versus following our competitors
- Collaborate with Leadership Team to develop and execute business strategies, new product development and extension of trade channels
- Intellectual firepower and superior strategic and analytical capabilities. Ability to use data and analytics to drive key recommendation, changes, and decisions.
- Point of contact for customers including Target, Walmart & Kroger; manage retailer expectations
Data Management & Analysis:
- Retrieve and analyze marketing campaign data (performance & sales data by brand, SKU, & retailer)
- Work with VP Sales to improve and optimize marketing efficiency and performance and to maximize sales growth in each retail account
Trade Program Management:
- Assist on new program launches and assortment optimization at each retailer
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations with detailed information by SKU (to pitch to existing and new retail partners)
- Create planogram layout and designs in PowerPoint & Photoshop
- Guide the development of the overall Field Marketing vision and strategy
- Collaborate with Field Marketing Manager on experiential marketing including pop-ups, demos, tradeshows, and community events
- Coordinate photo shoots, marketing campaigns, special events, incentives, etc.
- Ensure supply of samples to support new product launches, pop-ups and new retail partnerships
Product Development & Management:
- Propose 3 year product plans; bring new products to market
- Work closely with the sales & operations team to ensure alignment on deadlines and retailer inventory needs
- Create the trade tools and service in collaboration (copy and assets for retailers, e-com, training tools, etc.)
- Analyze qualitative & quantitative reports in order to identify opportunities
- Monitor sell-in and sell-out performance, market and consumer analysis
- Work with creative team on artwork for in-store graphics
- Build strong 360 activation
- Direct report responsibility for leading/mentoring Field Marketing Manager, Content Creator & Marketing Coordinator
- Cultivate a collaborative of impassioned agency partners that do their best work
- Optimize communication and collaboration with cross-functional groups and other key stakeholders to ensure alignment, visibility/action toward critical issues, resource optimization and project/program execution
- 5-7 years experience in marketing & working with key natural/conventional retailers
- Proactive & positive attitude
- Fresh ideas, outside the box thinking
- Performance driven
- Analytical mindset balanced with strong creativity
- Self Starter & can thrive in a start-up environment
- Proven ability to demonstrate marketing spend ROI and be scrappy and effective with marketing budget
- Innovative outlook. This person will have genuine brand creativity, with the innate ability to see marketing opportunities that may not be immediately evident.
Friday, January 10, 2020