In Home Teacher
- 2534 Prospect St, indianapils, United States
Our client; based in Indianapolis, Indiana, is looking for a teacher in an in home daycare! This is a direct hire part time position with high expectations to move to full time and potential management role.
We are dedicated to providing children with an environment enriched in learning. Learning is at the core of our mission, and the center of our existence. Children are encouraged to learn and have fun while doing so.
Our client and ORR Personnel does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age or disability, or religion.
Summary of Job
We are looking for a patient, attentive in home daycare worker to care for children. The daycare worker will assist parents and their company by preparing meals for children, maintaining their hygiene, monitoring them for health, behavioral, and emotional concerns, providing them with age-appropriate instruction and working with parents to ensure that children are learning and socializing in a positive way. They may also assist with sterilizing toys and play areas and other duties to ensure that the children are in a safe, engaging, and clean environment.
Interactions with Children
To provide a warm, nurturing, safe, and loving environment where self-concepts are enhanced, independence encouraged, and individuality respected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Child Care Provider
- Uses positive phrasing with children.
- Keeps records of children’s routines throughout the day.
- Prepares food and snacks for children and organizes meal time.
- Monitors and supervises children keeping them safe and healthy.
- Works with children on language skills and creative activities like art, music and dance.
- Helps children maintain good hygiene and changes the diapers of infants and toddlers.
- Introduces babies, toddlers and small children to basic concepts like reading and sharing toys.
- Transports children to summer activities like swimming lessons, sports practices and movies.
- Organizes activities designed to help children learn about their world and develop their own interests.
- Creates schedules to ensure that children have adequate physical activity, rest, food and intellectual stimulation.
- Watches for any signs of behavioral or emotional problems in children and alerts parents to the problems.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Has good balance and coordination abilities.
- Displays excellent reading comprehension skills.
- Has the ability to be open-minded about cultural diversity.
- Possesses the ability to keep children engaged and under control.
- Exhibits strong active listening skills and social perceptiveness abilities.
- Possesses the ability to make sound judgments as well as strong decision making skills.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to manage time and multi-task effectively.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma
- CPR or First Aid Certificate
- Child Development Associate (CDA) certification OR Degree in Early Childhood Development
- Experiences a high level of noise at times during the day.
- Deals with minor injuries or other accidents that may occur with young children.
- Spends part of the day outside watching children play when the weather is good.
- Spends most of the day moving around the room interacting with and caring for children.
- Has to lift and carry children, move tables and chairs, bend and pick up toys, reach high shelves and sit on the floor to play games throughout the day.
- Washes hands frequently throughout the day, especially after each diaper change, after helping each child in the bathroom and before serving lunch or snacks.
ORR Personnel is committed to honoring diversity on our team, in our clientele and within our community. We value and respect all types of diversity including, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion and abilities. We believe that a diverse workplace makes our business stronger. We especially invite diverse candidates to apply.
Wednesday, November 11, 2020