Job Development Specialist
- Indianapolis, IN
ORR stands for Organize Real Results. Real Results in Professionals career. Real Results in businesses.
We help ORR in business’s operational, administrative and organizational responsibilities through our personalized Payroll HR & Staffing services.
We help ORR in individuals career and professional development. Our personalized job development process results in an opportunity that individually fits a jobseeker AND meets the employers need.
Founded in 2019 in the Metropolitan area of Indianapolis, IN. Our company leader has more than 10 years of experience in Accounting, career and business development. We are looking to grow our internal team from the ground up. Ambitious, LEADERS motivated and eager to learn and grow with a startup company are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities for Job Development Specialist
- Engages clients and establishes trusting, collaborative relationships directed toward the goal of competitive employment in community job settings.
- Assesses clients' skills, talents and interests as well as background information and work experiences.
- Conduct job development and job search activities directed toward positions that are individualized to the interests and uniqueness of the people on his/her caseload.
- Conducts a set number of employer contacts per week. Employer contacts are designed to learn about the needs of the business, describe services offered by ORR and describe the jobseekers strengths that are relevant to the position.
- Provide individualized employment services to assist clients in maintaining employment.
- Prepare job development plans with clients and incorporating inputs from hiring managers.
- Adjusts plan according to clients’ needs and preferences.
- Provides staffing support to employers to include negotiating salary and compensations.
- Provides outreach services as necessary to jobseeker when they appear to disengage from the service.
- Uses a variety of methods to provide outreach and follow up.
- Returns phone calls and reacts to situations in a timely manner. For example, returns client phone calls within 24 hours. Goes to see employers about job loss or job problems within 24 hours. Follows up on job leads within 48 hours. Meets with clients within one week prior to job starts and within three days after job starts. Participates in weekly meetings with recruitment team and communicates individually with team members between meetings in order to coordinate.
Qualifications and Requirements
- High School Diploma, GED/HSE
- 1 year of experience in Recruitment and Staffing industry, preferred
- Mental Health and counseling experience is a plus
- Career Advisory experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective and cooperative working relationships built on trust
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable making decisions independently
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems
- Knowledge of resume building
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of interview techniques and applicant screening methods
- Deep understanding of employment laws and regulations
- Familiar with a wide variety of sourcing avenues
ORR Personnel is committed to honoring diversity on our team, in our clientele and within our community. We value and respect all types of diversity including, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion and abilities. We believe that a diverse workplace makes our business stronger. We especially invite diverse candidates to apply.
Saturday, October 17, 2020