Job Title: Caregiver
Our Client is in search of caregivers and more to join our team! Caregivers assist with healthcare in a patient’s home, day service program or group home. They work with many types of patients, including those with cognitive impairments, physical limitations or chronic ailments. Aides may also maintain and update home healthcare records for insurance purposes.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Teaching patient self-care skills
- Grocery shopping and cooking meals
- Housekeeping, such as vacuuming or doing laundry
- Recording and reporting to nurses about the patient's health status
- Helping patient with daily functions, such as dressing or taking a bath
- Taking patients' vital signs or giving them medicine under a nurse's direction
- Scheduling doctor's appointments or other meetings and organizing transportation
Shifts - Weekends, Weekdays and On Call
Required skills and qualifications include:
- Strong patient service skills
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Ability to address minor medical issues
- Current and valid CNA or HHA certification, preferred
- Availability to work evenings, holidays and weekends
- Attention to detail and ability to carefully follow protocols and rules regarding the patient's care
Home Health Care Aides and caregivers must be trustworthy and dependable patients and their families feel comfortable relying on them.
Our client is committed to honoring diversity on our team, in our clientele and within our community. We value and respect all types of diversity including, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion and abilities. We believe that a diverse workplace makes our business stronger. We especially invite diverse candidates to apply.