Our client is seeking an experienced Instrumentation Engineer to join their team and support the development of engineering and construction packages for facility expansion and build-outs. The role will be the primary lead on specification and procurement of instrumentation related to process control, process indication, and control system infrastructure. This role will report to the Electrical Engineering Lead.
• Assist with the design and modification of new and existing process control and instrumentation systems.
• Specify both discrete, analog, and networked control solutions.
• Prepare specifications, design-bid documentation, and construction estimates
• Review supplier designs against licensor requirements, code requirements, and customer requirements.
• Develop instrumentation standards to ensure selection compliance across multiple facilities.
• Develop maintenance procedures for instrumentation and control systems.
• Develop inspection plans for instrumentation and control systems.
• Make recommendations for additional equipment as necessary.
• Participate in the review of Management of Changes, PHA Action Requests, Construction Information Requests, and Change Order Requests.
• BS in related engineering discipline or extensive experience & certifications in lieu of engineering degree
• Minimum 5 years previous experience designing chemical process instrumentation and controls.
• Experience with applicable NEC, European, Other Countries code UOP standards for electrical equipment.
• Previous experience with PSM-covered facilities.
• Experience with Profibus/Profinet systems
• Self-starter with strong initiative
• Ability to manage multiple projects on different timelines
• Comfortable in a fast-paced, purpose-driven, collaborative environment
• Demonstrate a strong desire to learn manufacturing processes
Posted On: Wednesday, August 17, 2022