Our global client is seeking a Design Engineer for their Peachtree City area location. This individual be responsible for establishing robust part designs based on defined functional requirements for injection molding processes and subsequent assembly processes. This includes documenting the design process through the company's development phases.
- 2D and 3D design & development of complex mechanical systems with CAD software Solidworks and ProE Creo.
- Investigate and select suitable materials / plastic resins for the application.
- Provide tolerance analysis on new and existing product design and devices.
- Participation in process and design failure modes and effect analysis (FMEA).
- Ensures product development documentation and manufacturing processes meet all company Quality system requirements.
- Apply statistical methods and FEA to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Identify initiatives to reduce or contain cost, improve material flow, evaluate capacity and manage continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in 2D/3D part design
- Experience in mechanical design of injection molded parts or in the medical devices/pharmaceutical primary packaging industry.
- Experience with risk management tools (e.g. FMEA), statistical analysis, and strong analytical skills.
- Occasional travel to offshore locations may be required up to 25%.
- Able to work effectively cross culturally in a global acting matrix organization
- Knowledge of manufacturing process injection molding and high speed assembly methods.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, drive for results, detail orientation, change implementation skills, excellent written, listening, and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to present information through use of programs like Excel and PowerPoint.
Posted On: Thursday, June 17, 2021