We have multiple opportunities for Process Controls Engineers. Locations include: Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, and Louisiana.
• Reviewing our plant’s process control and safety control performance either from your desktop or directly from the DCS/SIS screens
• Identifying control improvement opportunities and advanced control opportunities that align with business goals for our operating plants
• Ensuring safety controls are performing per design and participate in functional safety work
• Reading and understanding P&ID’s, control narratives, instrument and valve data sheets and then applying control skills to drive performance improvements to meet those business goals
• Working with Operators to discuss and review control performance issues
• Working with Process Engineers and Field Technicians to troubleshoot instrumentation and control problems and opportunities
• Working collaboratively to arrive at solutions for control performance improvements
• Developing implementation plans to drive control performance improvements
• Collaboratively work with remote sites in a matrixed capacity with project engineering, plant operations and maintenance, and plant management personnel
• Communicating and working collaboratively with the other Operational Excellence teams – Process, Process Safety, Projects, etc.
• Utilize all required personal protective equipment
• Working at plant operating sites to access and inspect instrumentation and control equipment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• Experience in a process engineering, reliability engineering or process controls engineering role
• Experience with process industry standards and codes (ISA, IEC, etc.)
• Experience with DCS and SIS
• Experience with functional safety management
• Experience supporting design and implementation of process controls
• Experience configuring DCS/SIS controls and being aware of how the controls are built in DCS
• Experience troubleshooting process issues that may also have instrumentation or control related issues or needs