Solution Architect - Commercial Applications
- New Haven, CT
The Solution Architect will be responsible for development and technical support of commercial applications - Veeva CRM, Salesforce Service Cloud (Case Management application) and Veeva Vaults (PromoMats and Medcomms for content management & distribution). This person will report to Senior Director, Commercial Applications at New Haven, CT.
The ideal candidate will bring hands-on technical experience with Veeva CRM, Veeva Align, Veeva PromoMats and Medcomms and Salesforce Service Cloud. Hands-on experience on integrations, working with APIs will be preferred.
The Solution Architect will lead project initiatives from scratch, gathering requirements, design and solutioning with the current landscape and architecture in consideration, conducting meetings with business and vendors, conducting testing and deployment activities. The resource should work closely with business partners and development teams to ensure on time delivery of technical components with desired quality in a software development life cycle for new applications and enhancements in existing apps.
The Solution Architect will contribute to defining / documenting production support and release management processes for commercial applications and will be ensuring correct execution of documented processes in day to day activities.
- Responsible for understanding the use cases at an enterprise level and propose technical solutions that address those needs
- Must be well versed with development in salesforce and Veeva CRM including Apex coding.
- Works with all teams to drive continuous improvements to change and/or release procedures
- Lead and coordinate proof of concepts across the platform to showcase new offerings and validating new functionality
- Partner with Veeva Enterprise Architecture lead and external platform partners/vendors to influence & drive their product roadmaps
- Planning, managing, and performing application build, test, and deploy activities
- Planning and establishing after go-live activities including ongoing support
- Service Delivery Manager for projects and enhancements for commercial applications. Ensuring key technical components are delivered in time and with desired quality in all phases of new application development or enhancements to existing applications.
- Overlooking internal and external development teams for adherence to best practices and standards. Best practices and standards include security, architecture, coding standards, deployments and operating procedures.
- Ensuring CRM and Case Management platforms will be compatible with releases and enhancements in core platform and Client takes maximum advantages of newly added features. Example: monitoring quarterly Veeva and Salesforce releases to make sure existing functionality in core applications and dependent systems is not broken and maximum advantage is taken from new features.
- Ensure alignment with Client’s technology roadmap and change management efforts
- Active participation in major and emergency releases
- Participate in complex projects across disparate technologies with cross functional teams
- Maintain expertise on all relevant innovations and technological trends within commercial platforms
- Maximize the usability, scalability, availability, and elasticity of the commercial applications.
- Work closely with third party resources to manage, maintain and deliver robust unified commercial platforms.
- 8 + years development experience on Salesforce.com and 5+ Years of experience on Veeva CRM and PromoMats
- 5+ years In-depth Pharmaceutical industry IT experience
- 5+ years of experience supporting end to end application development and support
- Must be able to take complex client and vendor concepts and articulate them to audiences of varying perception levels
- Strong presentation solution design skills are essential
- Salesforce and Veeva Admin Certifications.
- Strong communication skills for coordination with IT /non-IT teams and vendors.
- Experience with change / release management for CRM enhancements/projects.
Friday, January 8, 2021