Strategic Culture Advisor
- Boston, MA
This role is responsible for driving local and enterprise culture transformation efforts and providing strategic guidance to senior leadership. This highly impactful role is one of leadership and partnership across the enterprise. S/he is a valuable thought leader who will enable Client to achieve its corporate objectives, long-term strategy, and ambition of becoming the most rewarding company to work for. This position reports to the Head of Culture.
- Refine and execute an enterprise culture strategy and plan that enables Client to achieve our corporate objectives, business success and make a meaningful difference in the lives of our 4,000+ team members and people living with rare diseases and devastating conditions.
- Engage with various teams to enroll the global organization in building a culture of purpose-driven performance, patient- and employee-centricity, innovation, leadership, & quality and compliance, resulting in a competitive advantage.
- Lead cross-functional, global Culture Coalition comprised of SVPs and VPs, and over 250 Culture Champions, to embed cultural change across the Client footprint and inspire cultural change.
- Influence senior leaders at the enterprise level, including but not limited to Country, Cluster, and Function Heads, Chiefs of Staff, and HR Executive Partners and the People and Culture Community by providing guidance and strategic advice on how to advance our culture transformation efforts.
- Develop and successfully launch enterprise tools and resources to equip and coach senior leaders to set the tone and create the environment to transform the culture, embed our values, and drive business performance, including ways to engage with their teams and bring the values to life.
- Proactively embed our values into priority business processes and systems.
- Lead the development, process, and results analysis of the Annual Culture Survey, and reinforce our values by ensuring that leaders, culture champions, Human Experience partners, and teams are equipped to communicate results, deliver on action plans and continue momentum.
- Translate findings from culture assessment into meaningful enterprise strategies, prioritized tactics and recommendations, and prepare analysis for Executive Committee.
- Lead execution of a 2-day annual Global Culture FORUM to build a community of culture champions and strengthen our patient and employee-centric culture by sharing best practices, generating insights, and enhancing collaboration across functions and geographies.
- Drive talent philosophy in alignment of our values and ensure talent practices advance our culture.
- Elevate and shape a speak-up culture where every voice matters by building and influencing leadership capabilities world-wide and providing strategic advice, and partner with Compliance as needed. Develop and launch resources to foster and sustain a psychologically safe environment.
- Identify opportunities to further advance our culture of gratitude and appreciation and improve awareness and utilization of Client’s Rewards & Recognition Program.
- Set the strategy and standards for building a sense of community within and across sites and make Client the most rewarding company to work for by driving progress on enhancing the employee experience, diversity, inclusion, & belonging, and our learning culture, and providing guidance to Site Leadership Teams.
- Ensure our pandemic response continues to be aligned to our values and keeps employee wellbeing at the heart of our decisions. Ensure Future of Work, workplace design principles, behaviors and processes are aligned to our values, encourage collaboration and innovation, minimize disruption, and incorporates team member feedback.
- Serve as a Change Influencer and leader by engaging with employees, gathering feedback/suggestions, and providing recommendations and strategies for implementation.
- Partner with Head of Internal Belonging to ensure our strategy is aligned to our values, culture and ambitions.
- Partner with Corporate Social Responsibility on key enterprise initiatives, including brain health programs and resources.
- Partner with survey and analytics team on the design of the weekly pulse surveys, results interpretation, and recommendations for addressing employee feedback, as needed.
- Develop internal and external communications, including culture narrative, that reflect our identity and values and build a strong employment brand.
- Effectively on-board and judiciously manage external agencies, as needed.
- 10+ years of related experience in pharma or biotech leading and influencing cross-functional, global teams
- Recognized thought leader in driving culture transformation and strategic insights
- Has led large scale change initiatives and driven enterprise behavioral change
- Experience working directly with and influencing senior leaders
- Demonstrated success in creating strategic plans and proven ability to drive and sustain business improvement and results
- Experience managing a global and matrixed environment
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s preferred.
- A charismatic and authentic leader with strong people management skills
- Trusted, empathetic leader
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and partner across the enterprise
- Innovative thought partner
- Actively listens and fosters a speak up environment
- Clear accountability for delivering results
- High degree of emotional intelligence
- Role model for values and behaviors
- Strong strategic thinking
- Strong influencing skills
- Change leadership skills
- Strong followership and credibility
- Strong matrix management
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
Friday, January 15, 2021