The Systems and Process (S&P) team is a dedicated, centralized group that provides strategic consultation, technical consultation, and internal customer service for the Development Operations team. The team promotes excellence in standards, processes, analytics, and business intelligence for the benefit of the company and patients everywhere.
This position will serve as a Business Process Operations Manager within the S&P team and support the planning, direction and coordination of the organization. The operations manager will be responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity and efficiency of departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies. Collaborating cross-functionally and with all levels of the organization, well-suited candidates will combine strong project management, interpersonal, and stakeholder management skills to drive the identification, documentation, and adoption of best practices.
The ideal candidate is experienced in developing and supporting several department infrastructure projects in parallel, including managing resources in a matrix environment. This person will have a high degree of emotional intelligence, strong strategic thinking, problem solving expertise, the ability to build and leverage influence, be experienced with stakeholder management, be highly collaborative, consultative and professional, motivated and self-directing, with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. This person will need to be able to work in a very fast-paced and dynamic environment, yet, bring organization and control to the track(s) of work they manage.
• Provides strategic direction to team to oversee procedural documentation, project management, baseline metrics and reporting, and process improvement in conjunction with cross-functional stakeholders and subject matter experts
• Performs independently as executing Process Operations Manager, including creating and managing project and department artifacts (i.e. Microsoft project plans, action items, meeting minutes, presentations, etc.)
• Ensures the business objectives are clear and actionable to provide the project team with momentum and context while defining scope leading to detailed requirements and work breakdown structure.
• Supports the creation and management of department communications.
• Performs content review and quality control for a portfolio of documents to drive alignment with Gilead policies and best practices
• Proposes and implement plans to resolve complex issues and execute corrective actions
• Drives continued team progress on multiple projects during and between meetings
• Determines actions required to achieve team goals and leverage junior staff accordingly
• Assists with staff alignment with organizational priorities
• Synthesizes complex data and present findings clearly to senior leadership
• Collaborates with key stakeholders to assess process alignment and prioritize revisions as necessary to ensure continued relevance and applicability
• Supports budget creation and resource allocation decision-making within the organization
• Advises on the development and delivery of internal communication and training materials on an as-needed basis
• Drives standardization and the adoption of best practices across the Development Operations organization
• Focuses on delivering excellence through a scalable and repeatable framework
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree with 7+ years or master’s degree with 4+ years of Business Process Operations and Project Management experience
• Excellent project management, consensus building, follow through and leadership skills.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (including Visio, Project, PowerPoint and Excel), including preparing, organizing, facilitating, and presenting to Associate Director level and up leadership.)
• Ability to synthesize inputs from various stakeholders into coherent deliverables and outputs
• Collaborate flexibility with virtual and remote teams.
• Exceptional ability to manage changing priorities and ambiguity
• Familiarity with drug development
• PMP certification highly preferred
• Familiarity with procedural documentation process infrastructure (e.g., SOPs, Work Instructions)
• 7+ years of Process Operations / Process Improvement / Project Management experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceuticals industry
• Experience with Lean, Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies
• Experience managing and collaborating with virtual or remote teams
• Experience working at a consultancy company with related experience is a plus