Biotech Associate Director, Program Management (Contract)
Precision Life Sciences
- Jupiter, FL
Precision Life Sciences is working with a client, in the life science / biotechnology industry, to fill a contract Associate Director, Program Management role.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate defining and setting overall strategic program scope, and deliverables
- Partner with the Research and Discovery functions to integrate activities across multiple programs. As programs mature, liaise with functional leaders in CMC, clinical, non-clinical, regulatory, quality, and legal to ensure seamless program progress towards milestones.
- Build comprehensive and integrated plans for each program and manage resources both within and between programs.
- Develop and own status trackers and other tools to support successful program development monitoring; track programs against approved timelines, milestones, and budgets while adhering to agreed-upon team objectives and deliverables
- Partner and support project teams to identify program risks, develop, and implement mitigation strategies for assigned programs.
- Implement and document key project decisions and changes/interventions to achieve project results.
- Schedule and lead key technical and project meetings and issue meeting minutes. Follow-through on action items to facilitate timely closure.
- Ensure effective, proactive, and open communication to achieve clarity of program goals, progress, and issues; report regularly on project status to all stakeholders, cross-functional teams, and senior leadership.
- Develop departmental processes, procedures, and tools to improve functioning and portfolio management.
Requirements: Proven Experience, Skills and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline with a minimum of 5 years industry experience
- Experience in neurological and/or rare diseases is a plus, but not required
- Highly proficient in program planning and budgeting software
- Minimum of 8 years with direct work experience in project/program management
- Extensive knowledge and application of key management techniques and tools
- Previous work and leadership experience in multidisciplinary drug/pharmaceutical research and development teams and broad operational experience and understanding of the drug discovery and development process
- Possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of focus towards internal and external stakeholders; ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Excellent listener and facilitator; ability to recognize when small details can have a big impact
- Achieve results with and through others by effectively collaborating with project teams, listening, and respecting other ideas and suggestions
- Ability to understand the big picture strategic priorities while managing detailed execution of deliverables even under uncertainty and unexpected challenges
- Self-driven with the ability to multitask and drive towards deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic small company environment
- Critical thinker with a demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate across teams and functional areas
- Capacity to synthesize and integrate complex ideas and to see the big picture as well as critical components
- Skilled at identifying and solving problems early; forward-thinking to minimize program risk
- A success-oriented individual with a relentless drive towards the company and team goals and timelines
- Curiosity, passion, and urgency to make a difference
- Contribute to our company culture, sense of team, and collaborative spirit
Monday, January 30, 2023