This job description applies to the capital project to create a new aseptic filling facility on the site in Kalamazoo, MI. This role will report to the startup manager.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES · Spend 90% of time in the field, observing, mentoring, and coaching the utility and equipment startup, commissioning, and verification teams.
· MUST HAVE “hands on” experience with utility energization and equipment commissioning. Must have participated in system energization as the safety lead.
· Review and approve all Safe Plans of Action and Risk Assessments for each task, to ensure they are effective and complete.
· Assist in the execution of the CQV Safety Orientation
· Assist in the execution of the LOTO / Intrusive work training module (This involves field work with an UF/DF skid or similar)
· Perform periodic audits of the commissioning LOTO program.
· Assist/perform monthly inspections of any commissioning/verification components (extension cords, harnesses, retractables, lanyards, etc.)
· Be a champion of the Safety Behavioral Program. Generate at least one Safety Observation (SOR) a day. Review the SOR’s weekly and trend what they are telling us.
· Lead CQV team weekly safety walk
· Participate in daily Startup Team coordination meetings
· Assist startup, commissioning, and verification teams with identification of hazards and mitigation plans.
QUALIFICATIONS Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Construction management discipline or a B.Tech in Safety and fire engineering or a B.Tech in industrial engineering. Or a member of the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) with an ASP or a CSP qualification. OSHA 30 required. OSHA 500 preferred.
At least 10 years experience on Construction Projects preferable Pharma or Oil & Gas with experience supporting startup and commissioning phase. Ability to read/understand P&IDs and electrical single line drawings.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS Mobile; Requires walking and stairs and all-day execution of startup activities. This is not an office role.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS Successful candidate will be required to support startup activities at the Kalamazoo site.
May have to work an evening shift and weekends on rotational basis.
Work 10-hour work days.
PRECISION LIFE SCIENCES