Principal Scientist, Assay Development - REMOTE
Precision Life Sciences
- REMOTE, REMOTE
Principal Scientist, Assay Development
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Research, the Principal Scientist, Assay Development will be responsible for building assays vital for transitioning programs from early discovery to lead optimization. The ideal candidate must be independent, open-minded, and goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Drive and lead assay development screening and execution for project teams while serving as a key representative of the functional area.
- Create and maintain robust biochemical and cell-based assays.
- Build strong and collaborative relationships across functions to establish and manage timelines, workflows, and documentation. Responding appropriately and quickly to changing priorities to meet timelines.
- Prepare data from all stages of assay development, assay monitoring, and screening and clearly communicate results to the program teams.
- Develop strategies to ensure effective achievement of scientific objectives and milestones.
Requirements: Proven Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Minimum of 10+ years of industry experience with a Ph.D. in pharmacology, biochemistry, engineering, or a related field.
- Track record of successful design, optimization, and execution of screening assays, preferably for small molecule drug discovery.
- Deep knowledge and experience with protein detection, enzymology, and cellular and molecular biology assay development.
- Proven expertise in designing and implementing cell-free high throughput biochemical assays such as TR-FRET, FP, and cell line engineering.
- Sophisticated problem-solving skills and data interpretation, programming, and statistical understanding are a plus.
- Demonstrated initiative, teamwork, and leadership within areas of technical expertise.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Critical thinker with a demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate across teams.
- Success-oriented individual with a relentless drive towards the company and team goals and timelines.
- Contribute to our company culture, sense of team, and collaborative spirit.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
PRECISION LIFE SCIENCES
Monday, January 30, 2023