Sr. Director, Precision and Translational Program Management (Contract to Hire)
Precision Life Sciences
- Boston, MA
The Director, Precision and Translational Program Management assumes the role as the lead on translational program management, accountable for both the leadership of the overall team and as needed, aspects of a translational program. You will use translational knowledge and expertise of the applicant to help develop the translational program management function and streamlined execution across the team. There are multiple complexities inherent with translational sciences and this role is important to establish a framework for operational excellence. The role will improve team performance and establish a standard for Translational Program Management, ultimately improving team dynamics. There are three specific aspects for this role 1) Set a new precedent for program management of translational medicine 2) Provide overall team leadership. 3) This role may also require the Director of Translational Program Management to manage one or more Translational Program Management sub-teams.
Strategic Direction of the Team
- Establish and optimize "ways of working" for the precision and translational program management team, in collaboration and alignment with the Precision and Translational Management Team
- Determine how the translational program management model across CTx & OTAU Based on the organizational needs and interfaces that might be different or lacking, establish and clarify roles and responsibilities across the Precision and Translational Management Team
- Manage the translational program management team, with a focus on empowerment, mentoring, and development of "ways of working" that support the unique aspects of cell therapy drug development. Ensure there is a partnership between GTL, GBLs Operations Managers
- Develop the Translational program management model to be applied across the CTx & OTAU portfolio
- Work with Global Translational Lead, Global Biomarker Leads, and Operations Managers to ensure there is transparency and cooperation across the transitional sub-teams for roles and responsibilities, resourcing, governance, and prioritization
Program Operational Excellence
- Provide operational excellence on the Translational Medicine sub-team (TMT) of the GPT.
- Provide operational support in the development of the translational strategy; including the program level translational deliverables (clinical biomarker plans and deliverables, diagnostic plans and deliverables, data interpretation, collaborations), translational elements of governance presentations; develop translational resource recommendations.
- Coordinate translational project team meetings with internal translational team members and subject matter experts to implement the program-level biomarker and clinical biomarker strategies. Schedule team meetings, develop agendas, capture minutes, and track action items.
- Build a team-level translational project plan (with team deliverables and timelines).
- Develop project planning documents and archive project materials to ensure visibility of both project history, current status, and future directions.
- Implement project plan, including assignment of responsibilities and tracking of internal and external deliverables. Maintain a risk register for translational deliverables
- Support delivery of translational data and analyses to improve decision making, project advancement/milestone transitions, and resource allocation across functions.
- Ensure coordination of important decisions and approaches by close collaboration across Translational Scientific Leaders, Translational leadership, and key cross-functional stakeholders such as Clinical Operations, Clinical Biomarkers, Clinical Sciences, Oncology Drug Discovery, and Regulatory Sciences to successfully deliver, communicate and execute translational strategy for projects and platforms.
- Create decisions within the team and facilitate active communication and information flow between translational team members, stakeholder functions, and governance bodies.
- Use program management best practices to facilitate translational team meetings encouraging a team culture of transparency, accountability, high cross-functional communication and accountability, and timely execution.
- Contribute to a broader translational matrix by sharing ideas, tools, best practices, and lessons learned
Education, Behavioral Competencies, and Skills
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. (Immuno-oncology, Immunology, Cancer Biology); PMP certification.
- 10-15 years of experience in pharmaceutical drug development, analytical development, or clinical trial project management.
- Clinical translational development experience is required.
- Broad knowledge of important translational deliverables including clinical assay development, sample tracking, and management, experience working with external contract laboratories, translational data delivery, project management best practices, and proficiency with supporting project management tools.
- Experience developing team culture, resolving conflicts, and driving decision-making in a matrix environment.
- Teamwork – Ability to work well in a highly cross-functional team environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills. Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems, determine causes and determine and implement solutions.
- Project Management Professional certification with PMI preferred but not required
- May travel to the US, EU, and Japan offices and other international locations.
- Approximately 10% travel is required.
Wednesday, July 27, 2022