Biotech (Clinical) Director/Senior Director, Program Management (CONTRACT, REMOTE)
Precision Life Sciences
- Cambridge, MA
Our client in the biotechnology / life sciences industry is seeking a Director/Senior Director of Program Management to lead and organize program teams for the clinical-stage programs and for other programs in developmental stages. This role will plan and coordinate resources to attain program and corporate objectives and serve as the point of contact for all aspects related to their programs. Working in a program team /matrix structure, the Program Management leader will work to identify and resolve programmatic issues, proactively assess risks, develop mitigation, and communicate program status and issues to the program and management teams. The successful candidate will identify and lead strategic planning for the programs within long-term objectives while gaining buy-in from senior management and external stakeholders. For the department, this individual will initiate and lead efforts for the establishment, training, and oversight of good project and program management practices.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- From corporate program objectives, lead team(s) to establish project milestones, manage work plans and vendors, develop budgets, and ensure resources are aligned to meet project objectives.
- Manage long- and short-term program activities, including schedule development, project communication, status reporting, and resource interactions. Understand vendor and external resource needs and overall program budget. Identify and track critical paths/activities, risks, contingencies, and alternatives.
- Collaborate with and support team members and functional managers to assure integration of project and functional goals towards achieving project milestones and timetables. Work with the project team to proactively identify risks, contingencies, and alternatives.
- Communicate program objectives, work plans issues, and resource needs to teams, functional departments, and senior management via routine and ad hoc meetings, minutes, action items, and Gantts. Represent team and program to other departmental and external meetings.
- Recommend processes or procedures that facilitate program and department operations. Provide input into company resource planning, project management processes, and budgets.
- Working with finance, overseeing the program budget forecasting and reporting, and participating in the identification and selection of external resources.
- As needed, provide status reports to executive management, and participate in strategic discussions regarding the program(s). Initiate and escalate strategy changes to senior management as needed.
- BS/MS in life sciences or related degree, with 10+ years experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment, including 5+ years, experience managing clinical-stage interdisciplinary drug development teams. Excellence in communication, organization, and motivation of people and teams. Documented success in achieving goals and deliverables in functional or programmatic activities.
- PMP preferred; experience in clinical development strategies and demonstrated experience managing interdisciplinary teams required.
- Knowledgeable in planning and forecasting multi-year drug development programs; skilled in Risk Management Stage-Gate processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; scientifically curious and demonstrated interest in understanding and sharing complex ideas relating to programs, technology, and clinical studies.
- Personal Competencies: self-awareness, integrity, problem analysis, decision making, communication, risk management.
- Interpersonal skills: team building, consensus building, conflict resolution, resource management.
Monday, January 30, 2023