Director, Research Project Management (Contract to Hire)
Precision Life Sciences
- Cambridge, MA
The Director, Research Project Management assumes the role as the lead on research project management, accountable for both the leadership of the overall team and management of multiple research projects in Discovery. The role will leverage scientific knowledge and project management expertise to support the development of the research project management function and streamlined execution across discovery teams. There are multiple complexities inherent with discovery and this role is critical to establishing a framework for operational excellence in managing these projects. The role will improve the research team’s performance and establish a standard. There are three specific aspects for this role 1) Set a new precedent for project management in the research area 2) Act as an elevated talent, working across multiple teams to drive critical path activities and risk planning 3) Develop a team of research project managers and provide overall team leadership to this group.
Strategic Direction of the Team
- Establish and optimize “ways of working” for the newly formed Research Project Management team
- Develop the research project management model across CTx & OTAU
- Based on the technical and organizational establish the roles and responsibilities across the Research Project Management team
- Manage the team, with a focus on empowerment, mentoring, and development of “ways of working”
Discovery Project Operational Excellence
- Provide operational excellence to Discovery teams.
- Collaborate with discovery teams running early-stage and/or partnered discovery projects to shape project strategy, develop and track plans, and proactively manage project risks and mitigations
- Identify and drive critical path activities across multiple teams, including internal and external deliverables.
- Support timely delivery of translational data and analyses to drive decision making, project advancement/milestone transitions, and resource allocation across functions.
- Support the enablement of new technologies and concepts to validate or invalidate new approaches/new targets
- Provide acceleration opportunity support for post-PE projects
- Build relationships with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of functional and corporate objectives
- Drive timely decisions and accountability within the team and facilitate active communication and information flow between team members, stakeholder functions, and governance bodies.
- Leverage program management best practices fostering a team culture of transparency, accountability, high cross-functional communication and accountability, and timely execution.
- Contribute to broader discovery matrix by sharing ideas, tools, best practices, and lessons learned
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES, AND SKILLS:
- Master's Degree or Ph.D. (Immuno-oncology, Immunology, Cancer Biology); PMP certification a plus.
- 8-10 years of experience in pharmaceutical drug development, research/discovery experience, and project management
- Broad knowledge of key discovery project deliverables and inherent risks
- Experience developing team culture, resolving conflicts, and driving decision-making in a matrix environment.
- Teamwork – Ability to work well in a highly cross-functional team environment
- Communication - Able to express one’s self clearly and concisely within the team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor and team members.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills. Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems, determine causes and determine and implement solutions.
- Organization – Exercises good time management and prioritization skills and can successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Motivated – Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of the initial job description.
- Project Management Professional certification with PMI preferred but not required
- May travel to the US, EU, and Japan offices and other international locations.
- Approximately 10% travel is required.
Wednesday, July 20, 2022