- Durham, NC, United States
THE ROLE DESCRIPTION
- Serve as electrical component SME within the product bank
- Create engineering drawings for electrical system interface wiring using computer based drafting tools (Solidworks Electrical & Altium)
- Utilize electronic test equipment to verify that electrical systems meet design requirements, and/or for system troubleshooting in the lab
- Prepare engineering functional test procedures, certification plans, certification reports, and other engineering documents
- Assist with the evaluation and analysis of electrical system design for completion of function hazard assessments and system safety assessments.
- Construct and test working prototypes of electrical products or systems.
- Assist in activities such as: circuit design, product qualification planning and testing; identify and use proven technologies to create original circuit designs and prepare required technical documentation and data.
WHAT HELPS YOU SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 4+ years experience as an electrical engineer, preferably in the EV industry
- Knowledge of and experience with local electrical regulations
- Experience with Solidworks and Altium or similar system
- Excellent analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work across a variety of departments
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Monday, February 26, 2024
Up to $110,000 DOE