- LatinAmerica, LATAM
We are looking for a Data Analyst based in Latin America to work on a long-term project for one of our clients, a Data Analytics and Business Intelligence services company based in Los Angeles.
Our Client is a research and data analytics firm that provides software tools and risk intelligence data to enterprises like financial institutions and large multinational companies. They've developed their own augmented analysis platform that is used by a group of subject matter experts and analysts to model qualitative research data and analysis into graph structures. They then augment this dynamic dataset with data and network analytics and machine learning in order to enrich and scale their data and deliver bespoke data solutions for end customers to operationalize.
The person in this role will be intelligent, accomplished, and energetic as demonstrated by his or her academic and professional credentials. They will be passionate about telling stories through data. This position requires creative and proactive critical thinking skills, an insatiable appetite for current events, foreign affairs and international policy, and an ability to manage priorities in meeting deadlines.
- Work closely with expert researchers to mine large online datasets and design workflows to supercharge investigations
- Communicate the potential business value of new datasets or insights from existing datasets
- Perform exploratory analysis on large datasets to identify potential insights.
- Acquire, clean, standardize, transform, structure, and store data
- Develop modules to extract data from documents and identify entities and relationships
- Maintain data integrity and consistency across multiple databases and applications
- Build dashboards and visualizations to convey status, changes, and analysis of data
- Research and learn new frameworks, languages, and technologies as needed
- Advanced Level of English
- Web crawling and scraping (i.e. Scrapy, Selenium, BS4)
- SQL and NoSQL databases (i.e PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Neo4J, MongoDB)
- Search frameworks (i.e. Elasticsearch)
- Extracting, cleaning, and structuring data from unstructured or semi-structured sources
- Proficiency in Python
- Familiarity with data visualization libraries (i.e. D3.js, Seaborn)
- Professional engineering habits, including commenting code and version control (Git)
- Demonstrated experience in self-directed, primary-source research
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent self-study and demonstrated technical proficiency
- Demonstrated knowledge of key international security and business issues through professional or academic experience
- Proficiency in a foreign language, for example: Spanish, French, Portuguese, Arabic, Farsi, Russian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Chinese, Korean, Japanese
Thursday, March 26, 2020