Software Engineer (NodeJS)
- Latin America, LATAM
We are looking for a Software Engineer based in Latin America to work on a long-term project for one of our clients, an online video startup based in Los Angeles, California.
Our client is the leading free streaming television service in the US. They are defining the future of television, delivering over 100 live, linear channels, in a lean-back experience and thousands of hit movies and television on demand.
Its apps are available across all top mobile (iOS, Android), web, and connected TV devices (Roku, Apple TV, Playstation, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Vizio, Samsung, and more).
- Work with a team of engineers to support an industry-leading Over-the-Top (OTT) software platform
- Work with the team resolving bugs, working on technical debt, and designing & implementing new features.
- Take ownership and responsibility for your work
- Advanced Level of English
- 4+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer
- 2+ years of experience with scripting languages for the back end: NodeJS (preferred), Python, Ruby, etc.
- 1+ years of experience with OTT: HLS and DASH, DRM-FairPlay, WideVine, or PlayReady
- Strong experience with at least 4 of the following technologies and concepts: Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Cloudformation, Kubernetes, Helm;GitHub, GitHub Actions; Jenkins, Circleci, Ansible, Salt, etc; Microservices Architecture; Testing Best Practices: Unit Tests, Automated test suites; Software Design Best Practices: Encapsulation, Decoupling
- Must be able to work on a regular on-call rotation shared equally between the team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related fields
What we offer
- Long term positions
- Compensation in USD
- Paid time off
- Cool clients and products
- Work with great engineers
- Once-a-year trips to the US to meet your team
Friday, August 20, 2021