- Latin America, LATAM
We are looking for a Data Engineer based anywhere in Latin America to work on a short-term project for one of our clients, a media company based in Los Angeles that is the largest online news network in the world for millennials.
This person in this role will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our client's data and data pipeline architecture, optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams, reconciling intelligence between sources of data, building out views / reports to support stakeholder needs, and leading efforts to place querying tools in the hands of a select few power users.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will work closely with software developers, database architects, and business analysts on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our client's data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Provide reports and analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, customer retention, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Lead efforts around presentations of data in canned reports / dashboards for broad business use or self-directed query tools for expert users
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Provide thought leadership on client instrumentation and management of data in commercial analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Mixpanel and Amplitude
- Keep data separated and secure through multiple data centers and AWS regions
- Establish and run reconciliation processes within and between data sources to help ensure high quality data products
- Advanced English Level
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Solid experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including PostgresSQL
- Graduates in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field are preferred
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
Thursday, October 31, 2019