- Latin America, LATAM
We are looking for a Data Base Administrator based in Latin America to work on a long-term project for one of our clients, an Internet company based in Santa Monica, California.
Our client is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories. They create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of art, design and technology.
The person in this role will be working closely with Developers, Devops, Sysadmin and Network Engineer to build reliable and scalable services. Our client is looking for a team player who is proactive, collaborative, adaptable, and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Installing, monitoring, maintaining, upgrading, and tuning databases supporting a network of websites/business units
- Performance optimization, rewriting queries, introducing indexes, table partitioning and schema maintenance
- Implementations of backup and disaster recovery solutions
- Complete tasks required to maintain service levels of project delivery and ensure the availability of all features and functions
- Advanced English Level
- Proactive, collaborative, and a team player
- Solid understanding of the Unix systems programming and administration philosophy
- Strong Linux working knowledge (preferably RedHat/CentOS family)
- Proficiency in MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as: MongoDB or Couchbase
- Experience supporting development, testing and production databases
- Experience setting up replication, sharding and other high availability solutions
- Working expertise with at least one scripting language: Python or Bash
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related fields
- Experience working with Kubernetes (or any other orchestration frameworks)
- Experience working with Percona Toolkit such as pt-online-schema-change
- Experience working with AWS (RDS/EC2/Redshift) or Google Cloud Platform
Thursday, October 31, 2019