Job Details: Full Time (12 hours shifts) Monday to Friday -weekend availability-
Pay: Depending on experience and/or education
The Nurse Practitioner provides diagnosis, treatment, consultation, and follow-up in a family practice setting while providing a wide range of primary care services which encompasses health promotion, injury and illness prevention, diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of commonly encountered health problems and injuries, and acute and chronic health problems. Performs testing, referral to health care providers in the community as needed writes prescriptions and performs office procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols, and available equipment. These services are provided within a holistic, patient care-centered framework to patients of all ages.
• Determines and assesses the health status of patients by reviewing records, taking comprehensive medical histories, performing physical examinations, reviewing lab work and other tests, and utilizing an electronic health record.
• Initiates, performs and directs other ancillary health care staff to perform or assist in screening and diagnostic testing, including blood, draws, cultures, skin tests, pap smears, and other procedures appropriate for patient's condition and within the scope of practice of health care staff member.
• Informs counsels and instructs individuals and families on their specific health problems, test results, and general health-related matters such as nutrition, birth control, social behavior, growth, and development, aging, and substance
• Acts as a clinical consultant to medical, nursing, paramedical personnel; consults and confers with a wide variety of health care providers, such as public health nurses, social workers, and mental health
• Consults with specialized health care providers when appropriate regarding patient's conditions, diagnosis, treatment plan, medication orders, and need for specialty care.
• Prescribes medications according to proper clinical care and standards of
• Provides emergency medical treatment when necessary while pending emergent transfer to an appropriate facility.
• Attends, participates in, and contributes to in-services education and staff training sessions to maintain and increase skills, and to teach
• Actively is involved in the community and surrounding community events promoting and educating about health care issues, and acting as a clinic
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of state laws and regulations on nursing and nurse practitioner scope of practice; responsibilities, professional principles, procedures, and techniques of nurse practitioners, as applicable within specific licensure
• Knowledge of symptoms and normal course of acute and chronic illnesses, and
• Knowledge of symptoms, prevention, reporting requirements, and treatment of child and adult abuse
• Knowledge of medications commonly used for a wide variety of medical conditions, and their effects, reactions, and contraindications; proper handling and administration of medications.
• Knowledge of normal and abnormal family dynamics; differing cultural, religious, social, and economic factors affecting community medical care
• Knowledge of community resources for medical care, mental health care, and social services.
• Ability to effectively communicate with patients and staff from various social, cultural, and economic, and educational
• Ability to work collaboratively with other medical care health care providers and staff members.
• Must possess a Maryland State license as an APRN-NP and RN. Must be certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner
• Basic Life Support certification
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support, ENCOURAGED
• Must submit to and clear a Criminal Background check
• Must submit to and clear an Alcohol/Drug Screen
• Flexible work schedule with occasional evening and weekend hours.
Three years of experience working in a clinic or hospital setting as a nurse practitioner. Will consider new NP grads with significant health care history as an RN. Computer experience.