Leadership Howard County
- Columbia, MD
Founded in 1985, Leadership Howard County (LHC) is the critical force in preparing, inspiring, connecting and sustaining community leaders to make Howard County the best place to live, work and play.
The Program Assistant provides administrative support to Leadership Howard County’s Program Director overseeing our two main programs, Leadership Premier and Leadership U.
- Leadership Premier (LP) is a 10-month, tuition-based program for senior-level business, government, nonprofit and community leaders.
- Leadership U (LU) is a 6 -month tuition-based program for students entering their junior year in high school.
The Program Assistant will provide support throughout the planning and implementation of these programs. Their duties include communicating between program participants, staff and volunteers, and assisting in the planning and managing of program events. Must have the ability to work collaboratively with staff and volunteers as needed to support the events & operations of LP & LU.
Reports to: Program Director
Employment Status: Full time, Exempt
Roles and Responsibilities:
Program & Event Coordination
Assist with the coordination and event preparation which includes:
- Assist director with the coordination of LP & LU session days and event preparation which includes:
- Support director and volunteer chairs in planning meeting coordination & materials
- Manage catering and venue scheduling and setup
- Provide materials and supplies for session days, summer week and related events for class members, parents and volunteers
- Assist class members and committee members with using TEAMS (or whatever we are using)
- Serve as onsite support during sessions, summer week and events, as needed.
- Handle communications such as: session day calendar invitations, topic selection surveys, evaluations, thank you’s, payments (coordinate with staff accountant), needed follow-ups.
- Plan in coordination with Operations Manager the graduation/alumni awards event each June and the LU Events (Welcome Reception/Graduation)
Recruitment and Selection Support
Support aspects of Leadership Premier and Leadership U Recruitment and Selection process
- Manage production (replicate) and distribution of recruitment and selection materials
- Input and track all applicant data – follow up with applicants/program inquiries
- Provide reports for data analysis and scoring
- Schedule & confirm interviews for potential candidates
- Provide and collect acceptance documents from selected class members; create files
- Produce (replicate) and distribute class materials both electronic and paper; includes production of all training materials for students
- Recruitment event support, i.e. catering, event space/virtual support
- Work with accountant for financial tracking of and processing of tuition
Supplemental learning and class projects
Support Director in coordination of Learning Opportunities and Community Impact Projects
- Meeting coordination & materials
- Follow up with host organizations, as needed, track setup coordination with committee members
- Handle registration process of class members and alumni (if space available); including follow up confirmation emails including relevant logistical information, and calendar invitations
- Manage online evaluations from class and hosts and produce reports, as needed
- Support recruitment & selection of CIP’s
- Coordinate with communications director for information on the website
- Set up and manage the project application data – follow up with applicants re inquiries
- Provide reports for review and scoring
- Associates or Bachelor's degree
- Experience in an association, a non-profit or for-profit organization or educational institution
- Experience with Microsoft suite products, familiarity with SalesForce a plus
- Experience with Word Press a plus
- Experience working closely with volunteers
- Exceptional communication, event planning and logistical skills
- Experience balancing multiple priorities effectively
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Highly professional demeanor
Friday, December 17, 2021