- Baltimore, MD
If you are a Caregiver, Certified Nursing Assistant, PCA, Home Health Aide, or Certified Medicine Technician we'd like to hear from you. We are currently hiring for these immediate openings with Home Helpers!!
We are currently seeking caring, compassionate Caregivers to provide service for clients in the Baltimore/Metro area. We recognize our direct care staff as our greatest asset and offer; competitive compensation, initial & ongoing training and flexible hours.
WE HAVE A FRIENDLY & SUPPORTIVE WORK ATMOSPHERE!
1. Caregivers provide service to individuals in their own homes and communities, who need assistance caring for themselves as a result of old age, sickness, disability and/or other inflictions. Services may include assistance with the activities of daily living, housecleaning, laundry, meal preparation, transportation, companionship and respite care.
2. Caregivers are responsible for ensuring that service is delivered in a caring and respectful manner, in accordance with relevant local offices policies and industry standards.
Assist with the activities of daily living and personal care including:
b. Mouth care
d. Hair care
g. Medication reminding
h. Skin care
- Ensure client’s safety and security by supervising the home environment.
- Teach/perform meal planning and preparation, routine housekeeping activities such as making/changing beds, dusting, vacuuming, washing floors, cleaning kitchen and bathroom, and laundry.
- Provide companionship including social interactions, conversations, emotional reassurance and encouragement of activities that stimulate the mind.
- Provides respite care for families in accordance with care plans.
- Perform/assist with essential shopping/errands, which may include handling the client’s money in accordance with the care plan and under the observation of the supervisor.
- Assist clients with following a written, special diet plan and reinforcement of diet maintenance, which is provided under the direction of a physician and as identified on the care plan.
- Escort clients to medical facilities, errands, shopping and outings as specified in the care plan.
- Assist clients with communication by writing or typing correspondence for them or researching information for them.
- Participate on the Care Team by providing input and making suggestions.
- Ensure service is delivered in accordance with all relevant policies, procedures and practices.
- Monitor supplies and resources.
- Follow the written care plan.
- Carry out duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Observe clients and their environments and reports unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Observe clients and their environments and reports behavior, physical and/or cognitive changes and/or changes in living arrangements to supervisor.
- Complete and maintain records of daily activities, observations, and direct hours of service.
- Attend orientation, in-service training sessions and staff meetings.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Reports to Supervisor and communicates with co-workers.
High school diploma or equivalent
Valid driver's license and reliable transportation with proof of auto insurance
**CNA & CPR is a must**
What You Need:
- A desire to make a difference in someone’s life
- Compassion & honesty
- Must pass a criminal and/or Department of Motor Vehicles background check
- Passing random drug testing
- Professional references
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 - $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- CNA or GNA certification? (Required)
- CPR and First Aid certifications? (Required)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Thursday, May 12, 2022