Our 215-employee partner (recently listed as a Top 10 Immuno-Oncology Startups) is an exciting young company founded on the vision of creating new cancer therapeutics through the translation of unexploited insights in cancer immunotherapies and cancer cell intrinsic pathways. Located in the San Francisco bay area, literally the heart of the world’s largest biotechnology research hub.
With the pandemic most companies are offering a remote option, our partner is no different. Time in the office will be determined on a case by case basis. Could be a few days a week or a week out of the month!
Our pioneering and trail blazing partner has an ambitious undertaking. With a potential of multiple in the next 18 months, they fully expect the company to become a force in the discovery, development and commercialization of novel therapies for the treatment of cancer. Their employees enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic and cooperative environment in which the “rules book” has not yet been written.
While utilizing their small molecule discovery and development capabilities to create innovative anti-cancer agents that combine with current standard therapies and immunotherapies, they are not focused on one indication. Each of their multiple assets can provide multiple indications thus enabling the group to really create their own destiny. Additionally, they also have several small-molecule programs in earlier stages of discovery targeting other key pathways in immuno-oncology.
As a Medical Director your efforts, passion, and dedication will be visible throughout the organization. With your energy, ideas, and vision…you will be able to contribute to critical life changing medicine versus simply checking the boxes.
Let’s bottom line this…your ability to work with others, your attitude of being humble…yet hungry, is the key to success. Your internal drive and eagerness to learn is what will propel you with this innovative and “outside the norm” biotech.
Strategic Leadership Objectives:
- This position involves both high level strategic planning as well as hands-on responsibilities, medical monitoring to support the growing pipeline.
- Provide medical support to investigative sites and project staff for protocol-related issues including protocol clarifications, inclusion/exclusion determinations, and issues of patient safety and/or eligibility.
- Ability to drive high profile studies.
- Potentially serve as a medical spokesperson for the company, as needed, with the internal and external community including various regulatory and governmental agencies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically, innovatively, and tactically.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Presentation skills, got to have them. Small, tight knit group…you should enjoy representing the clinical team.
- High integrity, “get-it-done”, “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude and committed to putting patients first.
Clinical Development Objectives:
- Contribute to multiple INDs in 2020 with more INDs to follow in early 2021.
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders (study sites, vendors, committees, etc.) in support of clinical trial objectives; responds to or triages questions for appropriate escalations.
- Act as recognized clinical expert for assigned studies both within and external.
- Perform medical and related safety/efficacy data reviews with minimal senior clinicians. May be responsible for analytical support of clinical trial data, including gathering, analyzing, reviewing, interpreting, and providing preliminary assessments and recommendations. Analyze information to assess issues relating to protocol conduct and/or individual subject safety. Prepare and communicate a clear overview of trial results.
- Support publication strategy execution including collaboration with investigators, KOLs, medical affairs and other internal/external stakeholders. Present at investigator meetings and scientific conferences.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including biostatistics and others.
- Author protocols and contributes to authoring of clinical study reports, IBs, ICFs, training documents, and other clinical and regulatory documents.
- Support regulatory activities, medical affairs, and payer engagements; represent our partner in external scientific and medical forums.
- Demonstrated scientific productive (publication, abstracts, etc).
- Located in the San Francisco Bay Area with multiple locations (Peninsula and East Bay).
- Our partner prides itself on a fun and honest culture which remains true to its values while embracing continued growth and change. Simply put…..no jerks allowed.
- Their work is marked by innovation, integrity, humility, transparent communication, and collaboration.
- The patient is always the focus.
For more information, contact Shawn Friend - email@example.com