Business Development Manager
- Austin, TX
Our Client is a full-service mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) consulting firm serving new and existing facilities in all market sectors. Their engineers have extensive experience with energy analysis and design, which has grounded them in the fundamentals of mechanical and electrical engineering. The many years of working with clients in both new and existing occupied facilities have demonstrated the importance of reliability and flexibility in system design. These experiences have also given us the ability to quickly achieve appropriate solutions to technically challenging problems in fast-track design and design/build projects.
Specialties include MEP Engineering, Commissioning, LEED Consulting, Energy Conservation, and Virtual Design and Construction (VDC).
Job Description – Outside Business Development Manager
- Primarily responsible for the development of new business relationships and contracts needed to grow the company’s Federal, State (including Higher Education), and Local Market sectors successfully.
- Work with Leadership Team and Principles to Develop Sales Strategies and plans supporting Federal, State (including Higher Education), and Local Market Sectors and Regional offices.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding new business sales quotas balanced with the success of entire company business
- Develop lead generation strategies and plans to identify new prospects to build the necessary pipeline to meet goals.
- Arrange and conduct face to face and Skype meetings with new and existing customers.
- Develop high-quality presentations that demonstrate the company’s experience, skills, and strengths as a quality MEP organization
- Assume full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of sales cycles from initial contact through the procurement and contracting process.
- Communicate with leadership team regarding negotiations, overcome obstacles to closure and close sales in a professional and effective manner consistent with the culture and code of conduct.
- Provide regular status updates through regular CRM usage, and status reporting to manager concerning forecast, account issues, resources required, etc.
- This person will report to the two (2) Compan Principals that cover the public sector customers/markets.
- Provide a detailed and professional handoff of new business opportunities to company execution teams, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction through the onboarding process.
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff, customers, and partners.
- Be responsible for significant projects, programs, and business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and initiative at senior levels within the company and external vendors.
Ideal Candidate Requirements
- 7-10 years of direct and indirect quota-carrying responsibility selling MEP or similar professional or consulting services
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration
- Experience responding and leading Government RFP and Sales Pursuits
- Experience with or for engineering, architectural, and design-build firms
- Experienced in Prospecting, qualification, negotiations, and closing skills
- Highly motivated self-starter, entrepreneurial, hunter
- Demonstrated customer-focused approach and presentation ability to large and small audiences using consultative and value-based solutions selling methodologies
- Excellent communicator and writer: articulate and persuasive in dealing with others.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills to create effective proposals, presentations, correspondence with customers, and to perform accurate data and online searches
- Ability to use Microsoft suite of products and experience utilizing CRMs
- Quick technical comprehension and motivation focused on client outcomes
- Effective working individually and within team environments
- Honest and transparent
- Driven self-starter
- Solid team player
Compensation & Benefits
- Base salary
- No cap on commissions
- Medical 100% employee covered
- Family also has additional subsidy - $500 per month out of pocket typically
- $150 per month contributed to HSA for individual and family
- Life Insurance
- Vacation time has a full cash value
- Able to roll over up to 160 hours each year
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan – every dollar on your W2 is eligible for ESOP until they max out – the money comes from the company, not the individual
- 12% of income on average has been contributed to the retirement plan!
- The company stock has almost doubled recently!!
- Very lucrative
Best Reasons to Work at the Company
- Amazing reputation!
- Depth of experience which is important for large projects
- Employee stock owned company - everyone is an owner and committed to the success of the company
- Strong references
- Turnover is lower than industry average
Friday, March 13, 2020