Director of Finance
- Van Alstyne, TX
The Director of Finance oversees all financial aspects of the multifamily roofing and construction services COMPANY and drives the company’s financial strategy and planning. Working in collaboration with the Leadership Team, the Director of Finance will also provide financial insight/perspective on key opportunities and challenges facing the company.
The primary role of the Director of Finance is to be responsible for the financial health of the company. By combining strategic and operational goals in line with the COMPANY’s vision and core values, the Director of Finance manages the accounting and economic aspects of a company by enforcing a financial strategy aimed toward profitable long-term growth. He/She staffs and directs the finance department, conducts financial assessments, generates financial reports, establishes company budgets, and performs risk assessments on business initiatives. While the exact responsibilities will vary from time to time, the main duties of the Director of Finance are as follows:
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Oversee all financial operations and direct financial planning and structure.
- Coordinate, analyze, and report financial performance to Leadership Team (financial performance, projections, and other special projects as required).
- Prepare short and long-term financial forecasts of performance for use with Leadership Team and external parties.
- Oversee audit and tax functions, coordinate activities with outside audit and tax preparation firms and review performance.
- Develop, implement, and maintain accounting and administrative policies and procedures for a wide-ranging set of activities including financial accounting and reporting, employee relations (hiring/terminating policies), and other corporate policies.
- Proficiency in all aspects of corporate accounting and all pertinent Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Responsible for all corporate and human resource activities including employee benefits, retirement plans, corporate insurance, and related activities. This includes the coordination of these activities with all branch offices as well.
- Responsible for monthly account reviews.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual tax returns.
- Maintain bank transfers.
- Manages merchant accounts.
- Reports financials to Leadership Team and Ownership.
- Assists CPA’s with the year-end wrap up.
- Perform required cash management.
- Perform cash flow analysis.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data to General Manager.
- Complies with Federal, State, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising General Manager on needed actions.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains financial staff by selecting, training, monitoring and motivating.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops; reviewing professional publications, and participating in Professional Societies.
- Experience working with the IRS and responding to notices.
- General ledger maintenance.
- GAAP compliance and month end close.
- Assess internal controls and analyze variances.
- Interact with external auditors during quarterly reviews and year-end audits, as needed.
- Ensure full contract and management agreement compliance
- Supervise billing.
- Supervise collections and posting.
- Enforce internal controls for receipts/cash.
- Supervise data entry in accounting software for accuracy.
- Supervise processing of checks to vendors, lenders, etc.
- Generate financial statements and general ledgers.
- Interface with auditors.
- Supervise cash reconciliation.
- Job costing
- Making sure we don’t take any unnecessary or unreasonable risk, defensibly make sure we are here to play another day.
- Work collaboratively with the entire leadership team through weekly meetings and quarterly offsite planning sessions
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from an accredited College or University.
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of construction industry or related experience.
- Experience leading, managing, developing, and holding people accountable.
- Strong Sage CRE or Timberline accounting software experience.
- Strong general accounting experience (G/L, A/R, A/P, Payroll, etc.)
- Experience working for a company that uses an Organizational Operating System (OOS), such as EOS, TAB, Rockefeller Habits, Scaling-Up, Holacracy, Etc.).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Our client is the premier roofer and general contractor for the multifamily and commercial industries in Texas. With more than 20 service trucks statewide, and offices in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Houston, Austin and San Antonio, no other general contractor in Texas can provide better repair and maintenance services to the multifamily and commercial industries. The COMPANY also has over 25 years of multifamily roofing, renovation, and restoration experience making them the clear choice among property owners and property management companies for their roofing and construction needs.
Wednesday, December 11, 2019